GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Fiddy

boomnoise said:
i realy would question grimewatch's sources

yeh cause the pussy ole that writes it won't even put their name to it even though it's kinda obvious who the ignorant punk is... and you're right, Skepta's saying it will be out by summer.

gumdrops

i clicked on that link to grimewatch - its not the vice column, its about some company that offers 'a complete service for all your cleaning requirements, whether it‘s Carpets, Oriental Rugs or Soft Furnishings'.

Last edited:

gumdrops

i was really excited about dizzee coming back on rinse, and was really happy to hear him over some new dubs, esp as he said he was done with the grime scene a few years back but in all honestly, he sounded kinda out of step on that set with newham gens (maybe he was holding back, i dont know). when he said he had to do some catching up, it made me wonder what on earth hes been listening to and fear for what his new stuff might sound like. also, what on earth happened to his flow? he used to have an amazing sense of riding a beat, but now it sounds all stilted. his voice is still great, but wheres the catchy turn of phrase gone, all those new bars seemed to continue from the same self obsessed/celeb bitching stuff he was doing on showtime, i.e. zzzz. maybe this is what happens when you get divorced from the scene you came from. i dont know if it means everyone else has gotten better or hes just slacked or lost his drive which has made him look more pedestrian (by his standards) but he didnt really set the pace on that newham gens set, he sounded out of place. the best parts were when he did his old stop dat/stand up tall bars.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Tactics said:
but its cool...I need to check that Aftershock CD out...lso as one of the top boy DJ's now I wanna know - are you happy with the term 'grime' as in the music being internationally known as 'grime music'?

if im correct Music House don't master to CD do they or do they?

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the name Grime as it accurately describes where the music comes from and is performed. Being "Dirty" doesn't have to be a derogatory term if you don't want it to be.

And yes, they do master to CD.

boomnoise

♫
picked up the industry standard mix cd - interesting take on the whole mixtape thing, bringing dvd style content to audio cd, almost like a documentary.

but i really am curious abot roll deep's grimey volume 1 - what's the low down on that?

Last edited:

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
Fiddy said:
yeh cause the pussy ole that writes it won't even put their name to it even though it's kinda obvious who the ignorant punk is... and you're right, Skepta's saying it will be out by summer.

so who is it? and who are the crew they're always saying will never be mentioned in grimewatch again? i've been trying to work out who it is but they only ever write about ruff squad and roll deep so it's kind of hard to work out who it is that isn't getting mentioned.

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
It's Essentials.

I used to write Grimewatch before I moved to the States. Dan Stacey from 679 Recordings used to write it before me. I always made it very obvious it was me, most people in the scene knew I did it. But Vice change writer's names a lot, especially regulars, I think the point is not writing for the sake of bylines, its like an objection to the whole celeb-journo thing or something to that effect.

But the whole point is it's a gossip column, and no one tells you good gossip if they think you might expose them in Vice. But it was a lot of fun writing it.

I'm not going to say who writes it now, in keeping with tradition, but for the record I think he/she is pretty on point.

kids these days, i dunno...

...if he was black and from the estate would it have made a difference ???

was it more about the fact that he was white and middle class, jealousy/envy than about grime and streetcode ???

would witnesses be prepared to come forward if he truly were part of their "culture" ???

...dunno eh

I reckon it would have...

but yeah we get revenge killings in hiphop over here mostly by young polynesians on polynesians cos of some fake hiphop culture shit and yeah drugs is usually involved, not many guns though cos we don't roll like that and it's not that easy to get em over here...

benjybars

village elder.
shit dat set got taken down. shame, it was ghetto, scorcher, lightning, big seac, devlin (oh yeah, and terminator). if someone tells me how to use 'you send it' i'll try and upload it.

scorcher was MERKIN jammer (i guess dis was recorded a couple of weeks ago)...

S

simon silverdollar

benjybars said:
silverdollar, any news on the mp3 site you were chatting bout recently?

yes it should be up very soon. the sets are ripped to mp3 and ready to go. i just need a clear weekend when me and my housemate can actually construct the site, and they're proving hard to come by at the moment. but it should be up in the next few weeks.

killuridols

Change the game
Fiddy said:
yeh cause the pussy ole that writes it won't even put their name to it even though it's kinda obvious who the ignorant punk is...

Doesnt the person in question have quite a well known blog, with numerous links to the vice website on it. When you click on certain bits it goes to the vice grime watch page, so I assumed it was him.

Why the hate for him fiddy?

benjybars

village elder.
i suggest everyone go to rwd forum and download the roll deep set from today cos i've never heard wiley sound so on-point. a few of weeks ago he was messin up enough bars but recently he's been massive.

trim and scratchy wid ruff sqwad was heavy aswell. :cool:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
killuridols said:
Doesnt the person in question have quite a well known blog, with numerous links to the vice website on it. When you click on certain bits it goes to the vice grime watch page, so I assumed it was him.

enough indirects, post the blog link!

Red Rooster

Long time no speak people!

Thought i'd get involved again as I just listened to "The Plastician" on Radio One for the first time.

Must say it was a good show, hopefully a few more like that and Radio One will place grime on their weekly rotation instead of it's slot on their Residency rotation.

Cameo's show was also blinding this week. I think this may have been to do with the fact he knew he would have competition this week on Radio One, perhaps this is a good thing and it will make Pirate Sessions EVEN BETTER than it has been for the past year or so.

On top of that Logan Sama has been moved to a more listenable hour on Mondays 11-1.

Finally we have a decent selection of grime and dubstep across a spread of legal stations. I feel they have picked the best of the bunch to do it as well. I can't think of any other DJ's in the scene right now who could host a legal radio show as well as these 3. Sure there are great selectors, but pirate radio seems to be slowly losing it's radio DJ's to the mainstream, hopefully moves like this will force DJ's into bettering themselves on pirate.

Thank god for internet forums as well, the sheer bulk of radio recordings since the beginning of this year has been awesome. I think I have every Newham Generals, Roll Deep, Ruff Sqwad and Plasticman set from 2006 so far on my hard drive. My iPod has been doing some serious over time.

DMZ are looking amazing for 2006, every time I listen to the Breezeblock, Maryanne Hobbs drops something ridiculous into her show by them. On top of that they had a successful event in Leeds, aswell as their birthday event in Brixton coming up, which is no doubt going to be absolute mayhem after the roadblock at the last one.

My points made, perhaps a few should be cut and paste into the dubstep rumours page but never mind - I was on a roll!!

boomnoise

♫
Totally agree. it's an exciting time for grime and dubstep. what with grime on a bit of a break or make this year and dubstep going from streghth to stretgth i think it's important that stations like radio 1 are behind the sound.

Enthusiasm like this is great to see.

gumdrops

i dont have his mixtape but did JME really big up MIA on it? i dont think he mentions her by name, just as 'that indian girl' who sung bucky done gun?