GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
That's great. Thank christ for Terror Danjah. At least someone is still doing what Wiley isn't but should be.

gumdrops

oh yeah? consider me corrected then. i just remember one i DLd a while back and thinking there was no way it could have been done on just 2 decks (maybe it was a 3 deck job).

anyway, plasticman and trim -
http://www.mediafire.com/?totgmcjmnnm

seems like trim is doing more sets on rinse right now than anyone else.

also yeah its great terrors on hyperdub and all that, but how come hyperdubs never put out any grime til now? .

Last edited:

tom lea

that terror 12" for hyperdub really isnt doing it for me. i love terror too, i dunno, maybe it'll grow on me.

i think the dva 12 is spectacular tho.

Simon78

It must have been his 3 deck madness mix?

Spooky is a quality producer. He has just done the beat for the OG'z - OGeezus

and the one P Money used in his war dub aimed at Ghetto

He has got some beats coming out soon.

Kode9 has always played a bit of grime. Different priorities I guess? I'm not complaining the more Grime on vinyl the better I think and his label will only get it more coverage.

gumdrops

yeah im not complaining either - its good for everyone involved, just seems a bit late tho considering he used to always play some grime in his sets. its a good track though (acid more than the b-side). glad kode 9s putting out some harder grime. need to pick that one up, the butterz stuff and the new rude kid ep.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
re Grime on hyperdub - tbh in Hyperdub's early days it almost wasn't necessary, grime vinyl was plentiful and prolific in itself. Obviously that dried up around 2007-ish in the midst of the mixtape era but whatevs, nice to see some coming out.

and yeah, my main problem with Ghetto has always been that his bars are so dense that at times they're barely understandable - whereas p-moneys clarity and comparitive straight-forwardness really wins out in those dubs.

ghetts is right though, it has taken this little conflict to actually make me sit up and take notice of p-money, never loved the mixtapes but he tears apart his appearances on grimedaily and the like.

As a relative latecomer into Grime, P is one artist I can say I've watched steadily mature. His flow has become more structured and polished than when he started but his bars have still got that instant, rewind appeal.

I spoke to him the other week and he's looking to re-do 'Jezebel' (from Coins 2 Notes) for his album and is currently trying to get the sample cleared.

He beat Ghetto.

Simon78

Just having a look at the Uptown website and they have got DJ Bossman - Street Anthems Vol1 for £1.99!

http://www.uptownrecords.com/CD&#39s-Grime/c2_24/p268/DJ-Bossman-Street-Anthems/product_info.html

Classic CD if you haven't got it.

01. Essentials - Jenny
02. Sade ft Kano - So Sure
03. Delta Force - Baby
04. Jendor - Eyes On You
05. Footsie & D Double - Prangman
06. Aftershock - Dead
07. Kidman - K Dot
08. Crazy Titch - Messed Up
09. East Connection - Mad Thugs
10. Wiley - Going Mad
11. Aftershock - Bruisin
12. Katie & Kano - Leave Me Alone
13. Footsie - Right Hooks
14. East Connection - Watch Your Jaw
15. Gemma Fox ft 2Face - Gone
16. Bruza - Get Me
17. Black Ops - Bang Bang Bang
18. Shola Ama & D Double - So Contagious
19. Essentials - Shut Down Shop
20. Napper - Crack Your Skull
21. Jammer - Distruction
22. Demon & Kano - Gangster Toys
23. Flirta D - Foolish
24. Lethal Bizzle - Forward Riddim
25. 2Face - Forward
26. Wiley - Pies

Elijah

Butterz
Really? I think it sounds pretty great. Acid is one of the best that I've heard of his newer tunes. Ho-hum...

That's mad because it is the FIRST of the new batch. That was made in November, everything else your hearing now came after that, he is doing around a beat a day.

wise

bare BARE BONES
@ elijah - Where can I actually buy the first Butterz 12" ?
They don't have it at Redeye or Uptown

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

P Money beating Ghetts is sort of like saying "Oh yeah, you can breathe." He's been poking holes at Ghetts like it's nothing for what... half a year now? Ghetto takes a half a year to respond, and he barely thinks of coming up with anything of note.

Plus, P has been dropping brilliant ideas like they're nothing. His whole 'Black Tri-Stars' concept with the rest of OGz on "Hot Ones" was fucking brilliant... It was like a less artistic but more intense version of "Phone Tap"...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Just got around to listening to the P Money/Ghetts clash and there really isn't any competition at all. P Money has been waiting around for ever for Ghetto to reply, so much so that he did a "reply" dub before Ghetts had even said anything ("before you said a bar/ I wrote this reply) - which is brilliant. It's a shame he went the Grimedaily route though; I would've preferred a dub cut.

What Ghetto really is doing is hiding the fact that, beyond his hype and technical ability as an MC, he's so shit at clashing. He's never won a clash, but he's been in many. Wiley beat him, Skepta beat him, Bashy beat him sorely, Tinchy beat him with one line... even fucking Nappa beat him!

P Money knew he was going to beat him and I suspect so did Ghetto, hence all the hesitation. His reply wasn't so bad, but it definitely should've been a lot better given how long he had to write it. One more dub like that from Money and Ghetts is buried. I say they finish it on Lord of the Mic, if that happens.

P-Money basically sums it up in this one, totally devastating line:

You'll do this and that to anybody who says your name/ but you know I said it/ You don't wanna swing on Lord of The Mic 3/ because I won't be your referee or paramedic

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

gumdrops

nah p moneys good. hes made some of the best vocals of the last few years. saying that though, ghetto made dont phone me which is just>>>>

in the end though, songs win out any and every day over clashes on grimedaily.