GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

atomly

atomiq one
h-crimm said:
a bit scared of starting a new thread now-a-days

i'm in london at the mo but i'm gonna be in chicago in a couple of weeks just for a visit
so if anyone wants to put in orders for grime stuff from london and save on shipping i can carry afew records with me on the plane and post or give em out in chi-town

"particle physics conference supports fledgling dubplate scene"

Hit me up private-style. I'll take as much as you can carry!

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
The Sound Of London

simon silverdollar said:
it's a bit pathetic that they've stopped doing grime after only one night of it- you can't really judge the success or viability of a club after only one night, surely?

Vice magazine reported a ''Huge fight'' between rival crews onstage at the first night.I was present and in reality this was no more than a bit of onstage shoving that was quickly diffused.I really think that reporting it as such smacks of gutter journalism of the worst kind.

Are we to take their decision to replace the night with an Electroclash night aimed at homosexuals as an 'Ironic','Cultural','Political' or a 'Monetary' statement?

Tyro.

jammer

Tyro said:
Vice magazine reported a ''Huge fight'' between rival crews onstage at the first night.

where did you see that?

that's not the reason the nights were cancelled.

i heard it was to do with losing money.

Last edited:

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
jammer said:
where did you see that?

that's not the reason the nights were cancelled.

Vice magazine:Volume 3 Number 9,Page 78,First paragraph.

Do you happen to know why they Were Cancelled?

Tyro.

jammer

i didn't see any trouble at the last one. it's a shame the nights have been cancelled. i doubt they'd cancel the rest because of a bit of shoving on stage.

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

the more i learn about Vice, the more depressing it all seems...

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
that is fucking lame about vice. I thought that was too good to be true, that schedule.

I been listening to Seen It Coming on heavy rotation lately, MAN that tune is good. That riff is just too good, Mizz Beats is really smashing it right now. Wiley's verse 'I shot 3000 on white labels with my eyes closed and that's paper still' is DEEEEEEP. Wiley's combination of bravado and admitting that he's struggling still really moves me. His verse on 'You Aint Real' as well, 'I aint sad but I sure ain't happy/make badboy tunes on my lappy' is a definite WHEEL! Syer Bars merks on that tunes as well 'I knew he was a prick cuz he cried' good story telling lyrics that I miss from hiphop.

also, this may seem petty but it annoys me: 'jammer' I know you're not the merckle man jammer, so why are you using his name on a forum? This has happened to me too, people post on the net using my artist name and it makes me crazy since it comes up on search engines and makes me look like I am saying all kinds of waste things I am not. Nothing personal, but maybe you should use a name that isn't already taken by someone often discussed on this board, for clarity's sake.

easy,
matt shadetek

S

simon silverdollar

mizz beats is crazily good.

...does anyone know what's the deal with the wiley tune called 'tunnel vision'? its amazing, but i'm not sure if its really old or really new...i'll post an mp3 soon. it sounds like a latterday wiley track, but i'm not sure. anyway, its really good. never heard it played on the pirates tho....

Immryr

simon silverdollar said:
the more i learn about Vice, the more depressing it all seems...

i used to like vice magazine.........till i watched nathan barley...

SIZZLE said:
aint sad but I sure ain't happy/make badboy tunes on my lappy' is a definite WHEEL!

awww come on man, you missed off the best bit! "on my triton rack and my digital mackey"

OH MY DIDDY!!!

simon silverdollar said:
...does anyone know what's the deal with the wiley tune called 'tunnel vision'? its amazing, but i'm not sure if its really old or really new...i'll post an mp3 soon. it sounds like a latterday wiley track, but i'm not sure. anyway, its really good. never heard it played on the pirates tho....

didnt this come out on the b side of a ruff sqwad tune?? jam pie maybe??

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
jammer: the murckle man doesn't use words like 'prevolent' (sic) or 'phallomorphic rigor', he's a friend of mine and you are very obviously not him. Hold tight all the impostafarians in the game.

gumdrops

maybe this is a new, verbose jammer for 2005-2006. maybe lyrics like 'its the phallomorphic man! strictly about the phallus and morphing man!' will become a reality.

Last edited:
Hardcore Is More Than Music

h-crimm said:
yeaah its quite mysterious isnt it... sounds quite amazing tho, mainly for the magazine component (even tho hardcore is more than music has tended to be liberal-arts-swag in my opinion...)

Hello h-crimm - how about keeping it positive and being a bit less cynical? The whole HIMTM team is based on Stonebridge Estate, where we are youth workers. We run the magazine to enable those from non-traditional backgrounds to gain work in the media and we have secured jobs (full time, salaried) for eleven young people in the creative industries so far. The idea of our magazine is for young people to have a platform alongside established writers like Russell Simmons (is he art school swag too?)

Thanks to everyone who came on Saturday. The Tate tell us they had 2500 young people through the door, talking to Asher D, JME, Skepta, Bruza, Wonder, DJ Cameo and Fumin among others.

You're more than welcome to come and see what we do and to meet some of the 1000 young people we work with daily. We are keen for people to know about the talent that is overflowin in NW10.

Editor, Hardcore Is More Than Music Magazine

luka

no offence but i fucking hate all those north west mcs. they are so so so shit. ban them now.