GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

benjybars

village elder.
shiiiittttttttttt.... who's heard 'not no talker', rossi b & luca with scorcher on vocals??? tune is very very very dutty. Trust me, 100% banger!! People will go mental when this plays in a club!

you can hear it on the J5 with Skepta set on www.barefiles.com (the set is also properly decent, quite dubsteppy) The scorcher tune is 2nd tune on set. :cool:

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
gumdrops said:
going from that interview, id say statik has much more potential for a career than say, someone like wiley, just cos not only is his production pretty fantastic (and consistently so), hes smart, and rather than stick to this pathetic 'keep it real/gully' attitude that grime has absorbed from hip hop, he actually has a plan, some ambition and some real creative vision to make it work. id take grindie over lame-duck tunes like gangsterz any day. do i need to hear yet another badly rapped sub-dipset ode to shady types? not really. speaking of newish vocals, i heard that new newham gens tune on the plasticians show today and thats not too impressive either. its pseudo-hip hop as well, which doesnt really do anything for me.

Yeah I was seriously getting bored of the grime scene - tinchy's mixtape had a few good tracks - creeper 2 was almost all bad bar riko's jumped up track - Then statik puts out one of the best things I have heard for over a year.

From begining to the end I was shaking my head laughing - its too fucking good. Some of the stuff just doesn't go at all but it had the balls to do something completely new which was what made Grime so exciting in the first place.

Hearing Wiley going "big up the kills"...... priceless.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Did Doneao produce ´Change´ (ft Wiley)? MTV Cribs used that instrumental, so was just wondering if he was getting his dues.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
the beat if I remember correctly is the instrumental for Overnight Celebrity by Twista, produced by Kanye. Donaeo might have switched it a bit but it's recognizable as that.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
just like to say quickly that 96 Bars of Ambition - JME, from his forthcoming Poomplex vol. 2 is fucking sick, just heard it on Logans last show.

Lyrical highlights include 'My mind is strong like morning breath'

and 'I spit the truth, nothing but the truth, raise my right hand, I'll raise both, spit my whole album under oath'.

JME is blazing a trail right now man, way out in front of everybody in so many regards, beats, rhymes, label, t-shirts... Moving! Hold tight the whole Boy Better Know movement, love to see someone in the grime scene getting organized and pushing themselves aggressively.

mms

sometimes
i'm sorry but that grindie thing is on the whole incredibly bad, alot of it isn't even in time and the two things matching is not something that Statik, who is usually a good producer seems to be something that hasn't thought about.
It really is a nadir and noone comes off well, it's an ugly mess and displays the worst elements of all parties involved.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
I agree that it's wild and definitely choppy in places, however:

Fire Camp feat. Pete Doherty - Boy

Is quite a strong tune, mainly because Lethal is dissing Wiley on it and therefore is paying attention/focused, but the rhythm as well is quite cool. Check Logan or Cameo lately, they've been playing it.

can someone explain this whole 'Boy Better Know'

thing? I mean is it like a joint owned label like 'East Is East'? Tinchy's, JME's and now Wiley's stuff are all under it. If so what happened to Roll Deep Recordings?

Logan perhaps you can help - I saw you wearing a 'Boy Better Know' tee at 'Straight Outta Bethnal'...

gumdrops

yawn@lethal and wiley STILL dissing each other (and weakly, i might add). not only is it fake, but its really old now. at least think of someone else to dis now, guys.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Boy Better Know is JME and Skepta's label. It's not totally clear to me why everyone is releasing with them now, I think it's because JME brought out Shhut Yu Muh and sold a bunch on CD before anyone else really and so now everyone is just getting behind him. But yeah Wiley being on BBK was really surprising to me, think it's a joint release or something as well BBK/Eski Boy or whatever his label is these days. Certainly Logan can shed a bit more light tho. Don't totally get why everyone's getting JME to put his font on their covers, I like the way it looks alright (unlike many) but it is kinda weird that he seems to have become the full service go to guy for the big boy grime CD releases.

Those BBK shirts are shower tho, can't wait to get my own. JME killed it with the design on those, simple and tuff looking.

Fiddy

It's more a movement (just as Cold Blooded, Ghetto etc... rep The Movement) as well as a label, if you noticed at SOB Maximum and Gift were also representing with the T's. As it stands I believe Wiley, Skepta and JME are more on the label, while the likes of Tinchy's mixtape are sideline projects.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
gumdrops: yeah but did you hear that tune?

'tiger, tiger yeah I really killed him' The way he spits it is big.

I personally think (fake beef or not) they are both more focused when dissing each other.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
SIZZLE said:
I personally think (fake beef or not) they are both more focused when dissing each other.

it's amazing just how long the wiley/lethal beef has been going on, like since the fallout over the More Fire Crew LP in about 2002/3...

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
yeah that is the real question. Logan, can you call Wiley and tell him the internet wants to know why he did that?

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
It will remain one of the great cosmic mysteries.

I don't actually think there is any reason. Eccentricity is the only explaination.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Hahahahahha. That is wild.

Wiley Kat, living up to his name for real. He truly is a strange dude. Looking forward to hearing this for real.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Also, Logan can you hassle him to do a second CD of the instrumentals? I would snap that up in an eyeblink, as would all the other rapidly multiplying CD/computer DJs out there.