GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

DJ Lioness

john eden said:
Please don't do two posts on the same thing.

Thank you.

The thread disappeared to a non-grime related section so I thought I'd put it here instead. Feel free to delete the other thread. Thanks

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Big up for the sets Logan - especially nice to hear Shark Major on mic. Last time was summer 2006 on Rinse with Mak10. Do you have the Neckle Camp set that's on your myspace page - that is FIYAH!

Also, do you know what happened to that track Trim did with Jammer on production? It had an eastern flute line running through it.

heard Wiley on Richie 'Vibe' Vee yesterday....

quite interesting interview in which he laid a few things out though he straight disrespected Richie (on his own show I might add) and Sway....also Eskiboy...STOP SMOKING - its messin' with your speech lol!

From what I've heard yesterday Wiley definately = 'old man' which is quite funny 'cos I never thought this music would produce one of those characters so quickly but....it makes sense.

Anyone else hear it?

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
Can someone explain to me what's the deal with Neckle Camp, Boy Better Know, and Jah Mek The World? Are they all labels? Are they all run by Jammer?

jaxxalude

Ned said:
Can someone explain to me what's the deal with Neckle Camp, Boy Better Know, and Jah Mek The World? Are they all labels? Are they all run by Jammer?
Well, let's just say it all functions just like the American hip-hop crews. It's both the crew's name and, automatically, the label for which they release their mixtapes and, in short, all their street level/underground material.
As for Jammer, as far as I know, he only has his hands on Boy Better Know.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
What the hell?

Jammer runs Jah Mek Da World Recordings and Neckle Records. Neckle Camp is the name of his collective of artists.

Boy better know is JME, Skepta, Wiley and Maximum.

That is all

jaxxalude

Logan Sama said:
What the hell?

Jammer runs Jah Mek Da World Recordings and Neckle Records. Neckle Camp is the name of his collective of artists.

Boy better know is JME, Skepta, Wiley and Maximum.

That is all
Indeed! :eek:

But hey, doesn't the subtitle of this thread have the words "lies" and "slander" in it? ;)

Last edited:

Tha Megatron

Sorry for the delay on the video yall but it should be ready at least by next week.

In the meantime, I thought id share an idea for some folks who might be runnin grime labels and are on the forum. If anyone hasn't done this yet, check out the application for getting music onto itunes for sale:

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZLabel.woa/wo/0.0.5.1.11

One thing I wanted to ask is that if the tunes are exclusively sold in the UK on UK labels would there be alot of Red Tape that would keep the tracks from being sold at US prices? (Taxes, Imports, that kinda thing)?? Im thinkin that having some of the cream of the crop tracks on here as well as crazy underground promotion, the scene could expand to a whole nother world wide audience, especially the audience who have heard of the sound but cant find the tunes in a regular record shop.

Lets get some Grime tunes for sale on itunes! Feel free to share it with anyone runnin a label. :cool:

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
Oh dear now that I've made such a basic grime-related error ritual suicide is probably the only option. That or switch to ILM.

also on that Richie 'Vibe' Vee show I heard that

DJ Wonder is releasing an album called 'Welcome To Wonderland' - seems like ppl are getting wise...

gumdrops

i think thats been in the works for ages though... hopefully it will come out. i heard plasticman has an album out later this year too, all instrumental except for one or two songs.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Dizzee Rascal - 'Win'

Anybody got any info on the Dizzee track 'Win' (Flowdan and Breeze also vocal it)?

Was this ever released? Remembered this because the Flowdan bars crop up on the tune he's done with The Bug.

Incidently the Flowdan/Bug tune is mental, one of the best grime things I've heard for ages. Not sure of the title, Kode 9 has played it at fwd a couple of times and its on the latest fwd podcast from Kode 9.

petergunn

plywood violin
Tactics said:
quite interesting interview in which he laid a few things out though he straight disrespected Richie (on his own show I might add) and Sway....also Eskiboy...STOP SMOKING - its messin' with your speech lol!

From what I've heard yesterday Wiley definately = 'old man' which is quite funny 'cos I never thought this music would produce one of those characters so quickly but....it makes sense.

Anyone else hear it?

just caught about half of it... much better than his appearence on Westwood...

i didn't think he was disrespectful, but then again Brits have their sarcasm meters more finely tuned than mine...

pretty insightful stuff, despite one or two stoned babble answers... glad he is still pressing vinyl, interesting how humble he was about not having a deal... actually a fairly likable interview... and he's right... he's right to view the crossover of "in at the deep end" as a minor mistake and he's right that no one has done more for UK bred urban music than him...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I applied to iTunes.

They just send you back an email recommending that you use one of their standard distributors like Vital or Pinnacle.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Yeah, but...

Logan Sama said:
I applied to iTunes.

They just send you back an email recommending that you use one of their standard distributors like Vital or Pinnacle.

That's just because you're in the UK, right? Vital and Pinnacle are both distributors based in the UK. One.