GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

benw

@ elijah @ spooky @ slackk @ simon oil gang

what are some decent upcoming grime raves in london? jamz/boxed/anything.

been too long. spooky not here next weekend otherwise plan b would be the one.

cheers

Simon78

@ elijah @ spooky @ slackk @ simon oil gang

what are some decent upcoming grime raves in london? jamz/boxed/anything.

been too long. spooky not here next weekend otherwise plan b would be the one.

cheers

Boxed is tonight at Birthdays with me, Mr.Mitch, Dullah Beatz, Dark0 & Mike Midnight. Free all night.

or you can go to fabric and see Slackk, JT The Goon, DJ Q etc

Butterz at fabric on May 16th with Skepta, Butterz, Flow Dan, Riko, Spooky, Newham Generals

Jamz at the Alibi have a load of good guests and that's free as well but not sure who's on there next

benw

Boxed is tonight at Birthdays with me, Mr.Mitch, Dullah Beatz, Dark0 & Mike Midnight. Free all night.

or you can go to fabric and see Slackk, JT The Goon, DJ Q etc

Butterz at fabric on May 16th with Skepta, Butterz, Flow Dan, Riko, Spooky, Newham Generals

Jamz at the Alibi have a load of good guests and that's free as well but not sure who's on there next

thanks for the reply simon, im not about this weekend either unfortunately :(

may 16 i may be about. do you know yet when the next boxed / jamz is? thanks guys

continuum

smugpolice
Skepta featuring JME – That’s Not Me

Grime legend Skepta returns to the scene with "That's Not Me," which features the talents of brother JME. Following up to his critically acclaimed Blacklisted mixtape, the track finds the London native spitting verses about his relationship with the music industry over a grimey instrumental. The record is blessed with a visual companion that displays the pair performing track while in front of VHS footage shot by UZI. The self-produced track himself also serves as a first glimpse at what we can expect from the London native's forthcoming album Konnichiwa, which is due later this year.

CrowleyHead

Why do you find it patronizing???

Because I know I didn't experience that era of Skepta's career and I don't want to be given the Madam Tussaud's version of that. Having Skepta purposely record shitty videos on a camcorder to resemble the olden days, thereby distracting us from his shoddy bars from this decade is a joke.

The unfortunate thing is that yes, it will work. Half the people on the internet who want "REAL GRIME BACK" are going to see this and eat it up just because it has the trappings of grime from that era. Let Skepta get the Grime Nostalgia Crowd's money, by all means. Doesn't mean I can't feel offended that as a fan, Skepta thinks I'm that stupid.

CrowleyHead

It's also not very good either.

You know how the state of Grime is for North London MCs when the only one who can make a truly good single is Dan.