GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

I'm ghostwriting wiley autobiography. Incidentally the thing I found most interesting about that geeneus flow Dan spyro thing was spyro saying all their dad's were mates

I pricked my ears up at that as well. If their dads were all soundmen then this makes sense (Jammer yes, Footsie yes, Wiley possibly). Otherwise it's a massive coincidence that in a city of 7 million + people such and such an MC's parents just happened to be friends with another MC's parents- especially if they come from a different part of town.

Anyway Luka please write the thing, we don't want this to be a cliche of "mixtape soon come".

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
I read somewhere recently Geeneus dad is/was a cab driver

Spyro and Flowdan's dads were definitely involved in music

Even guys from different areas, a lot of them went to school together i.e. chronik, trim and roachee all went to the same school at one point

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
LU: Did you have any family members or friends running a sound system back then?

Wiley: Yeah! I knew so many. I’ll tell you the truth, you know with us we have “This person’s your family” and really they’re not? I had loads of that. “Your uncle’s running sound,” but really it’s your dad’s long time bredrin [laughs]. When I got older I met Saxon Sound people, [grime MC] Flowdan’s dad is from Vinyl Star from Brixton. There were different influences before we even got to garage.

http://www.largeup.com/2012/02/23/now-things-talking-grime-and-bashment-with-wiley/

that said I think there are a lot of apocryphal stories in the grime scene

CrowleyHead

Trim told Blackdown that his father was actually a sort of semi-known reggae singer, no?

I have a dream that Grime needs an oral history book that consists of everyone in grime having clashing opinions. Like take for example the inevitable chapter on The Movement vs. Wiley

Justin "Ghetts" Clarke: Fam, he kicked in my nan's door. Like, who does that!? Then he's there, like a fucking gremlin, eyes popping out his head, on a real mad ting! And then he scurries off in the night! I swear! My nan wouldn't lie!
Richard "Wiley" Kylea: Trust, fam... Why would I be kicking in the doors of grandmothers? That's not realistic...
Jerome "God's Gift" Dow: Yeah, Justin showed me the door. Will must've done some "HIYAH!" Bruce Lee kick. Supposedly Will paid the bill for repairs.
Zane "Riko Dan" Williams: *laughter* Can you imagine?!? 'Justin! Justin! That Kylea boy kicked my door down!' *laughter*

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
Trim told Blackdown that his father was actually a sort of semi-known reggae singer, no?

possibly. think his dad died quite young though. St. Prix (his surname) is his dad's as far as I know so guessing he's descended from Francophone Africans. So maybe not reggae..

Last edited:

luka

im preoccupied by the idea of the gatekeeper at the moment. how do scenes mirror society? what is the relationship between merit and attainment? to what extent is a scene merely a social circle? why meridian over total package?

luka

i just found a way of accessing my old blog and found this
Wednesday, June 11, 2003
my favourite MCs are
premier league
sharkie major, stormin, dirty doogz, dizzee rascal

1st division
jookie mundo, wiley, esko, neeko, capo, j2k, maxwell d, riko, gods gift, jamakabi, d.e.e, kano, mighty moe

2nd
flo dan, breeze, jet li, lethal b, ozzie b, skeete and lucky lucciano, general l.o.k, demon, bushkin, hyper, million-$-dream, major ace, nj fever

3rd
all-in-one, scratch, skippy, bubbles, crazy tich, ivanhoe, preshus, armour, monkee, bashy, dogzilla, donaeo.

luka

Saturday, October 04, 2003

for those that haven't noticed yet rinse fm is repositioning itself as a 'fwd' station. no more boyz in da hood, according to one boy i know they're getting rid of roll deep too. they like plasticman and mark one and benga now. i don't like that lot and that's that. i just don't like it.

luka

‘Soundboy dead again/this one kick off them head again/Dirty, me harder than lead again/gal gimmie head again/bare gal me have inna me bad again/gal hafi bawl and beg again/hear what me said again/bare ganja get me red again/bare vibes me spread again/gal them a wet again/ from the way Dirty the Doogz spit with the infra-red again/soundboy dead again/lyrically i’m ahead of them/and i’m ready to murder ten of them/then earn the chedder them/ this one burn up your bredder them/me say pure bloodshed again/nuff of them beg again/many man want it but i’m burying any man/so hard, ripping up your yard and your tenement/listen to my lyrical adrenaline/kiki ah the food for my brain and my medicine/never drink Benylin/skin full of melanin/blessed by God y’see me there’s no devil in/manaman done with the felon ting/but dis my fam and i’ll bring the M11 in/put nothing but lead in him.’

luka

‘living in your mum’s yard…telephone’s barred…all your mates they be living it large…’

luka

‘to get to the top and my time will come, I ain’t bredding no one and I ain’t licking no bum’