GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

DannyL

Wild Horses
That article is annoying, God. What about Gucci? If you want rap with an undercurrent of depression.

I often feel the same thing about Trim's music. Hmm. Rap in The Guardian is always doomed to lose.

DannyL

Wild Horses
That article is annoying, God. What about Gucci? If you want rap with an undercurrent of depression.

I often feel the same thing about Trim's music. Hmm. Rap in The Guardian is always doomed to lose.

Whoops, wrong thread. How did that happen?

petergunn

plywood violin
if skepta becomes famous as the international face of grime (like if play a grime record, will people go "oh like skepta?" or rush up and request skepta), i think i'll kill myself

benjybars

village elder.
if skepta becomes famous as the international face of grime (like if play a grime record, will people go "oh like skepta?" or rush up and request skepta), i think i'll kill myself

That's a bit extreme innit?!

C'mon he produced nuff classics and he was easily one of the best MCs around 05-07.

petergunn

plywood violin
That's a bit extreme innit?!

C'mon he produced nuff classics and he was easily one of the best MCs around 05-07.

i like skepta as a producer, but i think as an mc he has no charisma and his flow is wooden... he has some decent bars for sure, but if, out of all the mc's out there, he becomes the face of grime... :mad:

CrowleyHead

7-8 years ago.

I do not mind Stormzy, I definitely think he's vastly overrated, but he's recognized as a people's champ, so its one of those things where charisma overtakes the talent.

I mean, musically Big Narstie's done FUCK ALL these past few years, I'm not gonna deny he's famous now for a reason. Might be the wrong reasons, but people like what they like, and they base (pun not intended) who they're interested in off different criteria.

I love Mez out of the newest younger grime MCs, a lot more than I do anyone in The Square, but that's because I like what he does flow and bar wise a lot more than those guys.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
7-8 years ago.

I do not mind Stormzy, I definitely think he's vastly overrated, but he's recognized as a people's champ, so its one of those things where charisma overtakes the talent.

I mean, musically Big Narstie's done FUCK ALL these past few years, I'm not gonna deny he's famous now for a reason. Might be the wrong reasons, but people like what they like, and they base (pun not intended) who they're interested in off different criteria.

I love Mez out of the newest younger grime MCs, a lot more than I do anyone in The Square, but that's because I like what he does flow and bar wise a lot more than those guys.

Mez is sick

CrowleyHead

You're also talking about a time period when the grime MC market was oversaturated though. Do not get me wrong, I remember when I saw Fangol on that Logan Set with the "I'm not giving no girl my rolex so you best pray that William's here" bars. Great. But the problem was that in that 3rd generation MC wave there was already far too many MCs getting hyped all simultaneously that the filtration process was difficult.

Now that Grime has another 'hot moment' and you know, younger MCs wouldn't bail on it for road rap (*cough* TEFLON, KREPT & KONAN *cough*), there's been a lot more effort made to pick up newer, younger talent and really drive them up. There was also 4 years ago, but I honestly don't rate nearly any of those guys. To this day I hear Merky Ace and think "What the fuck are you guys doing to yourselves? This is like the UK Ace Hood."

A lot of it probably has to do with the genre's re-adaptation to technology. All these channels like soundcloud, youtube, the various internet radio stations, Rinse, Deja picking grime back up, raves coming back to small degrees and MCs no longer needing to promote themselves via shitty tours to 6 spots are now becoming a bit more regular and plausible.

mistersloane

You're also talking about a time period when the grime MC market was oversaturated though. Do not get me wrong, I remember when I saw Fangol on that Logan Set with the "I'm not giving no girl my rolex so you best pray that William's here" bars. Great. But the problem was that in that 3rd generation MC wave there was already far too many MCs getting hyped all simultaneously that the filtration process was difficult.

Now that Grime has another 'hot moment' and you know, younger MCs wouldn't bail on it for road rap (*cough* TEFLON, KREPT & KONAN *cough*), there's been a lot more effort made to pick up newer, younger talent and really drive them up. There was also 4 years ago, but I honestly don't rate nearly any of those guys. To this day I hear Merky Ace and think "What the fuck are you guys doing to yourselves? This is like the UK Ace Hood."

A lot of it probably has to do with the genre's re-adaptation to technology. All these channels like soundcloud, youtube, the various internet radio stations, Rinse, Deja picking grime back up, raves coming back to small degrees and MCs no longer needing to promote themselves via shitty tours to 6 spots are now becoming a bit more regular and plausible.

Grime is now officially in its LL "I need Love" period.

mistersloane

Grime's fuckin dead, it's so sad.

Have you heard the Chipmunk beefs? The best that has happened is that Devilman called out Chip saying he was a transvestite. We called out fuckin Blackdown years ago sayin we were gonna fuckin stab him and Badness and his crew in the eye with a stilletto heel if they fuckin came with that sort of shit perpetuation and it's still happening, and well, look at Badness now. Mentally ill.

Is it cos the people sending for Chip are, like, from Birmingham and stuff, cos I heard it was well backward up there, cos it is a minor, man is still on craigslist when they shoulda been on Grindr.