Page 605 of 763 FirstFirst ... 105505555595603604605606607615655705 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 11443

Thread: GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Quote Originally Posted by Simon78 View Post
    I put a load of Japanese Grime on the Mixpak Records blog if anyone fancies a listen?

http://www.mixpakrecords.com/blog/20...apanese-grime/

Its this sort of thing
    http://soundcloud.com/dekishi/dekishi-kataban-model-number

@continuum the tune in that video is Doctor P - Gargoyle
    lol well done putting up Dekishi. He sent some tracks to my mate a while back. I really like his flow. I want to find a japanese guy who can understand it so he can tell me whether his bars are shit or not.

Found that Wiley tune you could see him knock up in 15 mins on his u=stream that time.

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Boy View Post
    I was really excited when I first heard the Diddy/Skepta collaboration because it was somehow actually good, and Diddy was acknowledging the sound as grime and not as amateur hip hop with novelty value as previous hip hop heads have. However, after seeing the footage of the Diddy showcase party on Tim Westwood TV, I realize that I was being far too optimistic.

Somewhere between watching Skepta mincing around P Diddy like a groupie, and proclaiming to the crowd their hooking up to be the best thing to ever happen to grime, and Chipmunk hanging around in the background grinning like Jabba the Hutt's weird simian pet, and Westwood talking his regular but now strangely appropriate brand of over-enthusiastic words with no real meaning, I realized that this is not good for grime at all. It was a big celebration for some kind of achievement that I don't think anyone really understood. It basically felt like a time-warp back to the uninspired America-or-Bust days of "In At The Deep End."

Thank god grime remained strong enough to produce the current generation of youngers that are about. Without them, I think I'd be feeling a lot worse about what I just saw.
    True stories, people are quick to forget that these collaborations have happened before and failed. And at a time when music was selling.

I like the anger in the youngers, thats grime. Diddy can fuck off really

My Grime mix made it onto the New Statesman website today

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/cu...ah-brit-awards

I saw an advert for Skepta's album on TV the other day, it looked utterly awful.

Skepta and JME are way too obsessed with America. They do tunes with Wayne, Juelz, the Puffy relationship... They don't get that this is a one-way relationship. All this does is give the Hip-Hop artists a foot into grime and the x amount of units it sells... Nobody in America who listens to these guys is probably going to make the jump to BBK.

In America, rap has gotten even more regionalistic than before, and they rarely want to hear people who aren't from their own backyard. So to try and hope that they'll be willing to try an artist overseas... It's a naive dream.

That said though, "Pass Out" has been getting minor spins on MTV out here, which always throws me for a loop. As a result, I saw "Stand Up Tall" on TV for the first time since the big Dizzee push began...

I put a load of Japanese Grime on the Mixpak Records blog if anyone fancies a listen?

http://www.mixpakrecords.com/blog/20...apanese-grime/

Its this sort of thing
    http://soundcloud.com/dekishi/dekishi-kataban-model-number

Are these guys in Tokyo? I'm going to be living there come summer

EDIT: nevermind, checked their soundclouds. Osaka makes sense.
    Last edited by Pandiculate; 16-02-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    Skepta and JME are way too obsessed with America. They do tunes with Wayne, Juelz, the Puffy relationship... They don't get that this is a one-way relationship. All this does is give the Hip-Hop artists a foot into grime and the x amount of units it sells... Nobody in America who listens to these guys is probably going to make the jump to BBK.

In America, rap has gotten even more regionalistic than before, and they rarely want to hear people who aren't from their own backyard. So to try and hope that they'll be willing to try an artist overseas... It's a naive dream.

That said though, "Pass Out" has been getting minor spins on MTV out here, which always throws me for a loop. As a result, I saw "Stand Up Tall" on TV for the first time since the big Dizzee push began...
    Nobody has done a song with Lil Wayne

The song with Juelz was a verse Skepta dropped on a song for DJ that Juelz was on too. That was 5 years ago.

Grime doesnt sell 1% of what hip hop does

Dont see what the obsession is. Their music doesnt even try/or sound like American music

There was an obsession with America back in 2006 or so, but I agree with Elijah that the good thing about grime in the last few years is that people are more interested in focusing on making money in Britain and developing the sound as a distinctly British music outside of whether or not it is or would be accepted by Americans (if anything, JME was the one of the main forces pushing people AWAY from all the American begging that was going on).

The only reason the Westwood TV thing bothered me so much is that you see how when someone as rich and American as P Diddy shows them the tiniest bit of attention, they start getting all doe-eyed. It's a reminder of just how quickly any MC can go from being a Chipmunk to a Chip Diddy Chip given the right conditions, if not exactly a guarantee of it.

My Grime mix made it onto the New Statesman website today

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/cu...ah-brit-awards
    have you got a download link for that mix?
    Last edited by wise; 17-02-2011 at 06:22 PM.

My man Tre Mission is in London right now! I still can't believe it. Wiley flew over to Toronto to record with him, and now he's been on Logan and Rinse and seems to be getting all pally-pally with JME. This dude is crazy talented, and so young!

The funny thing is Toronto doesn't have a fucking clue.

EDIT: On the other hand, I hope every day Shorty wakes up and thanks whatever God will hear him that JME is friends enough with him to be blind to how phenomenally shite he is. Biggest free pass in the game.
    Last edited by Sick Boy; 17-02-2011 at 08:39 PM.

The New Statesman? It's about time

Im guessing this the same Harry Shotta that did those early 4x4 grime instrumentals but is now an MC?