GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
to divert the topic, has anyone else picked up the Heavy Artillery EP by Virgo yet? absolutely sick, Puzzle and Freak are outrageous tracks, the melodic composition is unbelievable, these beautiful, swirling, synthetic orchestras. with that and the Clack Riddim he's one of the biggest producers going for me at the moment. is it the case that he produces for Essentials?

unless i'm very much mistaken his is their comeback tune, So Much Better, which absolutely SMACKS it. the davinche remix on logan's show last night was just a sloppy mess by comparison. which - my god - is really saying something!

elgato

I just dont know
sick, i'll have to check it. the video has been taken down from that website so i havent seen it yet, the screenshots look pretty high-end...?

is it the case that Virgo was behind that Simon Says remix a while back too? i think it was on Starsigns maybe?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Yeah, I really like the new tune by this new configuration of the Essentials. Jendor sounds absolutely bonkers on it, and Rem sounds like he's got something to say too (never a particularly distinguished rapper, he sounded like at least he believed he had something unique, whcih helped a lot). I like the kind of stuttering hip hop feel which makes it at grime tempo but with the presence of hip hop, which means it would sound amazing in clubs.

boomnoise

♫
unless i'm very much mistaken his is their comeback tune, So Much Better, which absolutely SMACKS it. the davinche remix on logan's show last night was just a sloppy mess by comparison. which - my god - is really saying something!

do you know when this is going to hit the road? i would have thought these days the turn around time for getting this out would be pretty swift. really looking forward to more from essentials.

benjybars

village elder.
He needs to do a "When I'm 'Ere"-style track, but with "You know what London..?" at the beginning of each line instead.

INSTANT ANTHEM STATUS.

That is a ridiculously good idea! then he could come with the 'You Know What London' t-shirts... :)

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Anyone heard Durty Goddz' Gangstars freestyle on Logan's show and Switching beats freestyle from Semtex's show (great 6 min dub that constantly uts into a new hiphopbeats).
Great to hear some new stuff from him, I'm a bit surprised that he has come back after all that happened.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
anyone seen this: http://www.breakbeatscience.com/45544.html

the tracklist looks amazing!

Science Faction- Grime DJ Cheeky

* Tinchy Strider: Underground
* Roll Deep & Ruff Sqwad: Sidewinder
* Crazy Titch: Sing Along
* Doctor ft. Riko: Come On
* Regal Players: Rude Boy Remix
* Ribz & Nappa & Flirta D & Shizzle: Pull Up Dat
* Grime Allstars ft. MC Creed: Duppy
* Wiley: Eskiboy
* Jammer: Murcle Man
* Bearman: Drinking Beer
* Skepta: Single
* JME: Serious
* Bruza: Doin' Me
* Bearman & Nappa & Doctor & Shizzle: Swingers
* Carly Bong: My Life
* Syer: Pussy

that is NOT an easy line up to assemble (legally)!!!

bun-u

Trumpet Police

Looks a big selection....but who da hell is Carly Bong?

mos dan

fact music
Carly Bond... it's a Skandalous Unlimited r&g tune. its heavy.

anyone know when there might be another true tiger comp? after the voice of grime i'm fiending for a bit more of that stuff.

i want a 'you know what london?' t-shirt and i want one NOW! :)

dunno about essentials - there's going to be a hazzardous sessions vol 2 soon, i know that much. they're trying to do stuff on a profesh tip now, we'll see how much that pans out.

i heard the durrty goodz track on logan - as ppl were saying on rwd he's sounding weirdly american again. not sure what to make of it.

C

cyst

Sorry to drag the topic back to Wiley but does anyone understand what his plan is?

Just checked the show thats linked up thread, and when he says things like "just watch, the albums gonna sell 500,000" is it that he's planning to create that kind of hype by calling out everyone and their mum and simply flooding grime with his tunes?

Obviously he's insanely driven, but i wonder if thats enough. How many units did his previous albums shift?

DJL

i'm joking
The new FWD podcast is worth checking. Live recording of Geeneus b2b Slimzee with Riko on mic at the 5th Birthday night.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I don't think we'll see Wiley "making it" in the traditional sense (he likes to screw up every opening a little too much)....but I reckon his legendary status is already guaranteed no matter what (though I'm not enjoying his increasing references to him dying).

Who's liking the new Terror Danjah tune? (it's big)

Agree with the Virgo plaudits, he's bringing epic sounds back into grime.

Great to see Essentials back too ... sounding good

elgato

I just dont know
havent heard the new terror danjah but cant wait

does anyone else find themselves wishing that the clack riddim had a different vocal? i really like all the abstract stuff in the hook but the actual verses do not do it for me. one of the biggest productions ive heard for a while though, the beat is like a battle cry, its got such urgency and imagery

S

simon silverdollar

LOVING that wiley track that maximum plays on the wiley/gift clash that has the dizzee sample 'sorry, sorry, pardon, what' repeated ad infinitum. big tune.

petergunn

plywood violin
why has no-one mentioned the most obvious thing about that Wiley set - he was BUZZING OFF HIS FACE!! seriously, he didn't stop talking once for over an hour... it was pure jokes.. he literally could not shut up!

also, i love the wiley always addresses the audience as 'London', as if he's the mayor or something...

"he made me laugh, london..."

"i do War, b/c all of a sudden one year if he's talking about 'wiley, this , that, rare cokehead, this that blah blah blah'"

tate

Brown Sugar

DJ Clever and the Breakbeat Science folks released this at roughly the same time that Clever released his dubstep mix, perhaps a bit before. Has been out for a bit, was announced much earlier this year. I'm in so cal at the moment and the disc is in all of the record stores here.