GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Immryr

lets be honest, dizzee fell off after BIDC. he just hasnt had anything interesting to say since then. his beats are still decent, if not as good as they once were, but his MCing just gets worse and worse. his flow is so blocky now, and i really couldnt careless about any of the things he chats about.

but he has made one amazing album, which is more than i can say for anyone else in grime. as much as i like Tredding On Thin Ice and Da 2nd Phaze, i wouldnt say either of them is amazing.

gumdrops

showtime was pretty boring but it had some good tracks - girls, stand up tall, fickle, flyin, and one or two others. but yeah, not into his new blocky flow or interested in what he has to say either. he seems to have nothing to say that he hasnt heard in some previous hip hop record anymore.

Yeah but that's before they sucked all of his blood and fed off his soul to keep them alive.

oh whatever

diz made the decision to become what he is now by opting out of the underground - simple as

until someone beats 'BIDC' he's still a top guy for me though...there's two version of that industry track. the studio one is DEADOUT but the one on Semtex's show was live vocals and better

Aftershock in the Metro today - anyone going ICA on sat?

blubeat

blubeat
Milkyman AKA Nikke S and Nyke performing on Saturday - whats the venue like?

MILKYMANS LIVE THIS SATURDAY

Body: HEY HEY HEY were performing a live showcase this saturday at PURPLE E3 next door to mile end tube station.why not come and support your boys? We'l be performing classics like hey nikkie,oi oi savaloy and a few new tunes. Im not sure of the price but it'l be worth it.thanks for all your support and watch out for our new video's were filming this weekend,if your interested get back to us.

gabriel

The Heatwave
lol, big up, soundclash.org regular listener here, although I would have expected to find you propping up the dancehall thread not this one :)

haha, yeah good point, i've just posted there actually - there's other places to discuss/read about dancehall though and i don't have such a need to ask about what label so and so is on ;)

blubeat

blubeat
there's other places to discuss/read about dancehall though and i don't have such a need to ask about what label so and so is on ;)
lol ok bigman just cos you know it all you can still hang out there and answer questions from us less knowledgeable folk like "where can I get "Red Lights" by I-Naturals? Tune drove me crazy when Shaka played it, irie irie tune.

Oops - now I have posted a reggae question in the grime thread :)

run_time

Roll Deep Campaigning

Got a pleasant surprise today when I found coverage of Roll Deep's tie in with Trident (anti gun crime campaign) in Campaign (London ad rag).

gumdrops

dizzee has done alright. he came out around what, 2001/2002? most rappers fall off within five years or so. hes done the same. hes keeping with an honoured tradition.

Immryr

after listening to that new dizzee rascal song i had a revelation. i now know where he went wrong. he thinks the key to success is having a strong back and a stern face. what he doesnt realise is that its more important to have good music and lyrics that arent so simple and contrived they make you cringe.

lol

after listening to that new dizzee rascal song i had a revelation. i now know where he went wrong. he thinks the key to success is having a strong back and a stern face. what he doesnt realise is that its more important to have good music and lyrics that arent so simple and contrived they make you cringe.

funny

nah simplicity with the odd bit of complexity has always been one of Dizzee's strength's. some of the others are the voice and flow which seem to be sadly gone now

did anyone go to Dirty Canvas on sat?

gumdrops

ITS SHOWERMAN TIME! ITS SHOWERMAN TIME! ITS SHOWERMAN TIME!
at last - that footsie/newham gens tune showerman is out to buy! (i sound like i work for uk record shop dont i).
not got my copy yet but it sounded big when tubby used to play it. always like it when footsie and DEE would do that routine in their sets. its a proper grime track too, none of these hip hop in disguise con jobs.

boomnoise

♫
Wiley will be guesting on the Hatcha and Crazy D Dubstep Show on Kiss tonight from 1am

http://www.whatson.com/kiss100/ - scrolll down to The Dubstep Show, for the live stream if your in the uk.

Listen on 100fm in London, 101 in Bristol, Cardiff and Bath and 105-108 in Ipswich, Norwich, Cambridge and Peterborough.
Also through your TV on freeview, cable and satellite and on line at totalkiss.com (uk only)
E-mails for the show can be sent to dubstep@totalkiss.com
text 64100 from 1am

Immryr

ITS SHOWERMAN TIME! ITS SHOWERMAN TIME! ITS SHOWERMAN TIME!
at last - that footsie/newham gens tune showerman is out to buy! (i sound like i work for uk record shop dont i).
not got my copy yet but it sounded big when tubby used to play it. always like it when footsie and DEE would do that routine in their sets. its a proper grime track too, none of these hip hop in disguise con jobs.

yes!!!! this tune is awesome. but i refuse to buy anything from ukrecordshop, so ill have to wait for independance or rhythm division to get it in :[