+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 732 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 10980

Thread: GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

  1. #1381
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    I know hearsay and conjecture, not things I have witnessed with my own eyes. And I am not contesting the verdict, or shouting out "Free Titch!"

    But I believe the information I was told to be true. If Goodz and Titch have not chosen to reveal the information I know, then it is not my place to do so. And it would not have been anything which would have swayed a decision of not guilty. People spit lyrics for each other directly and indirectly every week in the Grime scene and nothing happens. Violence did not occur due to lyrics, it occurred to subsequent incidents in a tit for tat escalation of "disrespect" leading to physical threats.

    I fingerpoint the lazy media (not 'bad' media) for not properly breaking down the reasons behind these incidents which happen in underground clubs playing many different types of music all round the country nowadays. People get shot in House clubs. Is it related to House music? No, it is related to the fact that people who do the shooting started listening to House music. Same with Grime and Hip Hop. The people who do the shootings or stabbings are in a part of society who listen to that music.

    It's like saying most young muggers and criminals wear baggy Nike hoodies, does wearing Nike hoodies encourage you to commit crimes? Are Nike to blame for making clothing which conceals your identity with such ease?

    No. Because many many other members of society wear their clothing and are upstanding members of the community. Much like the other 250,000 people who bought Boy In Da Corner, or the other 100,000 who bought In At The Deep End or Home Sweet Home, are generally fine, upstanding people.

    Look at the people commiting the acts and blame their immediate environment, not one of the few creative positive things they have any interest in doing.
    logansama.blogspot.com
    myspace.com/djlogansama
    info@logansama.com

    New show time! Monday night 11pm-1am Kiss 100
    kiss100.com

    Listen to the show HERE or HERE

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Yes, because 99% of people are drones, and only Dissensus users are intellectually capable of combining multiple sources of complex information without their minds exploding. Better to eradicate nuance in case one of these sheep gets the wrong idea and refuses to buy Wiley's next album because he thinks it will lead to him getting mugged.

    Would you also prefer that journalists didn't even report on Crazy Titch's conviction because that, too, could potentially hurt grime's prospects?
    don't misrepresent me - when i said 'people' i meant 'anyone who isn't really into grime', which is the overwhelming majority of the 13 million people who may see your piece. it clearly wasn't in the least bit disparaging. the point is your piece will be the first and only thing most people will read about grime all year. and you know full well that in the event titch had just released a stunning album - rather than been charged with murder - the guardian wouldn't have run anything.

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    THE BUSH
    Posts
    5,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
    this is one of the best pirate sessions ive heard this year -
    http://www.barefiles.com/download.php?id=823
    the instrumentals are almost all brilliant here but the beat at around 43 mins in (the one skepta says is a personal favourite) is especially good. the one slightly before, thats kinda like a 2 step beat (very sweet, but not in the obviously self referential 'tribute' way of some other recent UKG-ish beats) is great as well.
    Is it just me or are RollDeep just ON FIRE at the moment? On the Aim High3 DVD it looks like FloDan has cleaned up his act and the rest of them are just gelling together, they really feel together.

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Yes, because 99% of people are drones, and only Dissensus users are intellectually capable of combining multiple sources of complex information without their minds exploding. Better to eradicate nuance in case one of these sheep gets the wrong idea and refuses to buy Wiley's next album because he thinks it will lead to him getting mugged.

    Would you also prefer that journalists didn't even report on Crazy Titch's conviction because that, too, could potentially hurt grime's prospects?
    Ned, I really don't see that that piece was balanced at all. It was pretty much entirely focused on the links between grime and street violence, painting the music as either the cause of, or as having some kind of symbiotic relationship with, said violence.
    the fact is that grime, like dancehall and hip-hop is a music that reflects its participants' and audience's lived experience. people were getting shot in east london long time before grime ever happened - and they'll continue to do long after grime has gone.
    there are many reasons for this - music being way, way, way down the chain if even present at all among those reasons
    mcs like titch (who, i'm sorry logan, was, by all accounts, a bit off the leash) aren't the only thing holding grime back. in fact, it's debatable that they are holding it back at all. after all, the world doesn't seem to have a problem with hip-hop (i don't really understand this, but maybe most english people prefer to view their "hood reality" from a distance and ignore the real things that happen on their own doorsteps? after all, hackney and newham aren't easy to exoticise, whereas the dirty south, compton and the bronx are.)
    they are, however, a fucking good excuse for those in a position to support, nurture and help develop the most innovative and historically important musical movement we have right now to not bother.
    it's so solid crew all over again - another "i told you these people cant be trusted" reason to further marginalise an already marginalised section of british society, in this case by not recognising the good this culture does.
    whatever has happened, there's a lot more good in, and resulting from, this music than bad. i don't get that from your guardian post.
    and getting into endgame hyperbole isn't going to help anyone. no one is saying this stuff shouldn't be reported on. your piece wasn't a report, though. it was a comment and can therefore be called to account in many more ways than a simple account of the facts of the case.
    Last edited by stelfox; 08-11-2006 at 12:18 PM.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Titch was no psycho. The fact his way of thinking and acing is so far removed from the rest of society at large, doesn't mean he was batshit insane compared to most other people "on road".

    I know many many other people who are pretty much the same as Titch. Charming personable peopl with wit and character when they are in a good mood, quite frankly frightening when they are in a bad one.
    logansama.blogspot.com
    myspace.com/djlogansama
    info@logansama.com

    New show time! Monday night 11pm-1am Kiss 100
    kiss100.com

    Listen to the show HERE or HERE

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    yeah, i'm not saying he was mental or anything, just that his behaviour wasn't governed by the same restraints as yours and mine might be, and, frankly, that this isn't a good thing. as proven by this horrible mess.
    Last edited by stelfox; 08-11-2006 at 12:56 PM.

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Sama View Post
    Charming personable peopl with wit and character when they are in a good mood, quite frankly frightening when they are in a bad one.
    This sounds a lot like what some would call bipolar personality disorder. (Edit - that may not be quite the right term.)
    Last edited by noel emits; 08-11-2006 at 03:27 PM.

  8. #1388
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    As for Riko, does anyone know if he'll be doing a set at Heatwave again? Missed him both (?) times and was very gutted about it.
    we're probably doing a night on new year's eve with riko, not 100% confirmed yet though... if not, then certainly early 2007, probably at The Pool

    he's currently working on a couple of tracks for our next mix cd as well

    you can download both of his previous sets with heatwave here: www.scandalbag.com/downloads.html

  9. #1389
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stelfox View Post
    in fact, it's debatable that they are holding it back at all. after all, the world doesn't seem to have a problem with hip-hop
    But is it harmful to grime's prospects to be associated in the public mind with violence, or not? If yes, then clearly Crazy Titch is holding grime back, because he's generating news reports linking grime with a murder - people on this very thread have been saying things like 'Is this gonna sound the death knell for grime as far as the majors are concerned?' If no, then people shouldn't have such a problem with my piece.
    Last edited by Ned; 08-11-2006 at 03:30 PM.

  10. #1390

    Default

    Received a rather odd press release today stating that Sniper E was about to become a member of G-Unit.

  11. #1391
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polz View Post
    hello, your friend shot somebody dead in the back over a respect issue. That he is nice and charming when in a good mood, doesn't mean he's no psycho. have you never seen footage of neighbours of serial killers telling how nice he was with his kids. You keep defending "Crazy" Titch, and i don't think that's a smart direction, if you want people to look favourable upon grime. You are seen as a spokesman of grime, and at the moment you seem to be defending, or at least downplaying a brutal murder.
    Come on, dude. Scare-quoting "Crazy" isn't really that helpful. That's like saying that Jackie O Motherfucker must actually fuck their mothers. I don't think they do.
    Last edited by stelfox; 08-11-2006 at 03:45 PM.

  12. #1392
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    london
    Posts
    17

  13. #1393
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    4,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    But is it harmful to grime's prospects to be associated in the public mind with violence, or not? If yes, then clearly Crazy Titch is holding grime back, because he's generating news reports linking grime with a murder - people on this very thread have been saying things like 'Is this gonna sound the death knell for grime as far as the majors are concerned?' If no, then people shouldn't have such a problem with my piece.
    im more than a little tired of this attitude that just cos ONE artist from (insert urban scene) says or does one reprochable act then the entire scene has to take the weight. its like a few dancehall artists saying questionable things about homosexuality and the entire genre being demonised cos of it. fuck that. i dont think titch being sent down is gonna affect grimes chances of getting bigger or more popular or whatever, its not like many people in the majors cared about it before the recent events anyway. i dont think its gonna make a difference. i agree with stelfox that in the US, rappers can be up to no good all the time and it doesnt make a difference on whether labels get involved or not (in fact it seems to be the opposite now with rappers who arent getting arrested or serving prison terms looked at as less authentic - god forbid that should ever be the case here) but i dont think the effects of titch being in jail is really a make or break thing cos well, there wasnt anything to break. people are more scared of grime MCs than they are angry american MCs because its too close to home - it reminds them too much of black kids they see in their cities.

    everyone saying that this is all broadsheet readers will know about grime this year might be going OTT a bit (although it does feed into what people generally think sadly) - there has been a fair amount of broadsheet coverage over the past few years and the titch piece i saw last week in the guardian was only a 1/4 of a page - it wasnt exactly front page.

  14. #1394
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
    i dont think titch being sent down is gonna affect grimes chances of getting bigger or more popular or whatever, its not like many people in the majors cared about it before the recent events anyway. i dont think its gonna make a difference.
    Well, I disagree - no one can say for sure - but anyway if the actual shooting itself isn't going to affect grime, then my piece on it certainly isn't going to either.

    Well done Memes on the reply piece - that is exactly how all this should work.
    Last edited by Ned; 08-11-2006 at 05:25 PM.

  15. #1395
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    4,341

    Default

    i dont think your piece is going to 'affect' grime either. i still dont agree with some of the things written but its a blog opinion piece and did what its meant to do. im glad jamie collisons piece puts things into perspective (or at least a different perspective) though.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts