GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Immryr

uhh i ordered Charmzy - Banger from them ages ago wuith a batch of records. it didnt arrive with the batch. ive contacted them about a million times about it and they just keep messing me around.

john eden

male pale and stale
uhh i ordered Charmzy - Banger from them ages ago wuith a batch of records. it didnt arrive with the batch. ive contacted them about a million times about it and they just keep messing me around.

Ok, cool.

Sorry - bit new to all this. :) Got some mixtapes off them last month and they seemed pretty good as these things go.

gumdrops

yeah ive never had a problem with ukrecordshop, apart from once where they took about 2 weeks to process my order (i think they forgot somehow)

28 Gun Nice Boy

ITS SHOWERMAN TIME! ITS SHOWERMAN TIME! ITS SHOWERMAN TIME!
at last - that footsie/newham gens tune showerman is out to buy! (i sound like i work for uk record shop dont i).
not got my copy yet but it sounded big when tubby used to play it. always like it when footsie and DEE would do that routine in their sets. its a proper grime track too, none of these hip hop in disguise con jobs.

Vinyl release of the year so far...pure intimidation...who wouldn't be murked by that one?

gumdrops

yep it IS the 'vocal' track of the year. would like to think it might raise the levels and inspire other guys to do better, but im doubting it somehow. instrumental of the year so far might be tubby's tiger style.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
i refuse to buy anything from ukrecordshop[

I completely back this notion.

Worst service, time to respond to problems, delivery, and organization on road.

In fact, come to think of it, they hardly resemble a business to me, and more just some fucking yobbos selling records out the boot of their car.

petergunn

plywood violin
I completely back this notion.

Worst service, time to respond to problems, delivery, and organization on road.

In fact, come to think of it, they hardly resemble a business to me, and more just some fucking yobbos selling records out the boot of their car.

i tried to visit their offices on the address listed on their website and i ended up in some random office and no one in the building had heard of Ukrecordshop...

-p

elgato

I just dont know
one time, i ordered a couple of vinyls, but my package didnt include one of them so i emailed and they apologised, and said that they would send it to me. but instead, they sent me a completely different vinyl, with no consultation, and a note saying sorry, it was out of stock, here is a replacement! ridiculous

onna different note...

has anyone recorded a maximum and karnage rinse set in the last few weeks? heard a show in passing and they played a couple of tracks i really need to get to know

Immryr

i have no idea if this is a coincidence or not, but, i got a phone call from ukrecordshop just now. theyve offered me the money back in the form of a gift certificate! i guess ill be ordering showerman after all.

probably not

i have no idea if this is a coincidence or not
*waves*

anyway Trim isn't in Roll Deep anymore, Syer is back in OT (with his tail between legs), Wiley's retiring, JME and Skepta used the last embers to launch Boy Better Know, Dizzee was one of the best members and breezed long time...basically

aren't Roll Deep deaaaadout now?

I mean do YOU really wanna hear a verse from Biggie PitBull?

did anyone go ICA for the After Shock thing?

Last edited:

gumdrops

no, not the thread, i mean what were actually talking about. yeah occasionally we all get excited like with a track like showerman but for the most part its like what is there really 'upping the levels'? doesnt seem to be that much. maybe thats just cos ive not heard a radio set in at least a month or so so dont know whats going on (cant rely on what there is to buy can you?) but i dunno, im not sure who or what there is thats really gonna set the levels for grime right now... i know theres a lot of big grime albums due this year, but we all know the deal with grime albums so thats not really gonna be a good indicator, esp as those are all established artists and theyre gonna wanna think about widening their base and 'range' etc...

the things is

no, not the thread, i mean what were actually talking about. yeah occasionally we all get excited like with a track like showerman but for the most part its like what is there really 'upping the levels'? doesnt seem to be that much. maybe thats just cos ive not heard a radio set in at least a month or so so dont know whats going on (cant rely on what there is to buy can you?) but i dunno, im not sure who or what there is thats really gonna set the levels for grime right now... i know theres a lot of big grime albums due this year, but we all know the deal with grime albums so thats not really gonna be a good indicator, esp as those are all established artists and theyre gonna wanna think about widening their base and 'range' etc...

i'm starting to realise that THIS attitude (which I have also) actually kills things as even if something big does happen its measured against some invisble rating of bigness so it never reaches anything...even though it DOES if you get me?

maybe this is it...which is cool...cd's are being released, tunes are still being made, ideas are always coming, weak myopic crews are disbanding...

yes radio support is less *hey rinse*, vinyl sales are down but all in all the scene is establishing itself slowly puting roots down and trying organise itself - I kinda prefer this period of trying get stability then the feeding frenzy of certain journo's, press and magazine readers which was a gift and a curse

the levels are being upped all the time but Wiley's retirement is a bit threatening - anyone who says otherwise is LYING

don't really look towards the big albums - just look at the underground cos this is where the music is ALWAYS gonna stay and ppl have to get used to the fact that THIS IS NO BAD THING - there will be a few breakouts from time to time but ppl have to reassess why there in this - that 'Hip Hop' fame, superstar ting is not for everyone. if it's about the p's then you can still eat WELL off the underground just get your business hat on

finally the survival of the scene depends on its expansion aaaaway from London. if it 'stays' in London then it truly is deadout

off topic and ranting but you get the point and that

Last edited:

gumdrops

lol@weak myopic crews are disbanding
i get your point, youre right, there is a lot to be positive or at least content about, i just wish there were more indisputibly 'great tracks' being made. more top notch instrumentals that i could buy, stuff like that. i probably need to just get back up to date with plasticians shows, and logans etc etc. but the momentum has slowed down. which has its benefits, im glad grime is being allowed to just be itself without everyone clamouring for the pop charts. hopefully the fact its just level now will weed out the careerists and the fake 'i just wanna make pop-rap and commercial songs' guys (eg - doctor). id just like a bit more quality control, but then thats been an issue for me from day one, so i should really be used to it by now lol.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
did anyone go ICA for the After Shock thing?

Well I did obviously - it was good aside from a few "door issues" which took up plenty of my time, but plenty reached including D Double, Bruza, Footsie, Skepta, Sadie, Gemma Fox, MC Bratz, Tempa T all jumping on the mic at some point. Terror's new productions are sounding good too. I'm sticking audio of the night up on the myspace tonight (see link below), so look out for that. The next night is on 23rd March at the Rhythm Factory with some deadout crew from Bow.

As for grime generally...yes it's at a low ebb right now, no doubt....but other London underground nadirs have turned to somewhere interesting. I haven't seen this London demographic switching to indie or anything else of that vein - grime needs to let London know it means business and things will fall into place. Also, Duurty Goodz has stepped neatly into Wiley's shoes - that 'badman' tune is relentless.

gumdrops

good quote, but id say it only truly holds water at the bottom of the curve as its building up to its peak, not the bottom of the curve thats at the end after the peak. i could be wrong of course. theres nothing wrong with a consistent steady progression (im resisting the temptation to say its a flatline).

shudder

from this side of the ocean, just hearing about raves with D Double, Bruza, Footsie, Skepta, Sadie, Gemma Fox, MC Bratz, Tempa T sounds vaguely unreal still. When was the last time a grime MC made it to North America? Last summer w/ Roll Deep and Kano?