GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Payday tomorrow for this Grime newbie...

last month I got

• Guns and Roses 2
  • Rules and Regulations
  • Aim High 1&2
  • and the boy better know xmas freebie

all of which I have been caning ever since...

This month I am considering getting

• Slix - Down
  • Guns and Roses 1
  • Best of the Newham Generals

Unless any of you lot know better?

I just got All in One's and Bashy's cd's, and would definately recommend both. All in one's has a load of really good grime productions, maybe one of the best collection of grimevocals (even the slower riddims sound grime). All in ones flow is incredibly disciplined eventhough it's fast.
Bashy's isn't really grime but he must be one of the best entertainers in UK scene. Not too heavy on the guns and shanks either, alot about girls but also ambitious/conscious/ intelligent content.
By the way, you should've gotten GnR 1 ages ago! Shame! ;)

gumdrops

i'm surprised you can get through "hustlin" without having a heart attack, gumpdrops. your ears don't melt listening to rick ross talk about being a "hustler" and moving yay for Noriega (not a joke that's goofing on boasts at all, when he says that)? i've got the defibrillator out just in case...

im surprised you dont go out and snog the face off of every drug dealer on the street and kiss them for being so goddamn REAL.

anyway, rick ross isnt on jammers version.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Payday tomorrow for this Grime newbie...

last month I got

• Guns and Roses 2
  • Rules and Regulations
  • Aim High 1&2
  • and the boy better know xmas freebie

all of which I have been caning ever since...

This month I am considering getting

• Slix - Down
  • Guns and Roses 1
  • Best of the Newham Generals

Unless any of you lot know better?

Good choices.

If I were you I definetely wouldn't sacrifice one of those from Chronik's or Mercston's latest efforts. They aren't very good.

The Skitz Beatz tape is good just for Tempa T's freestyle over the Battle Riddim. Which is more than good enough.

N

nomadologist

why do you keep mentioning sex or kissing when you're talking about me and hip-hop? seems strange and out of place.

gumdrops

i just thought you would like nothing better than to show jeezy and rick ross your affection for showing providing social commentary through a highly sensationalized picture of our late capitalist hypertopia in phantasmagoric detail with a kiss. nothing would say it better IMO.

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

rick ross is kinda chubby, even tho i love the bearded baby-faced type, definitely love to do people based on hip-hop lyrics alone. jeezy's not cute. i'd totally do cam'ron, though, he's hot. we could "soap opera" in the background, and i would recite all the reasons why i love it when he sings about flipping dimes while we went to it in the backseat of the escalade. uh-huh.

as far as grime goes, i've never seen most of those guys. went to a dizzee rascal show at Irving Plaza couple years ago, he was not ugly. very high energy performer.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
The Skitz Beatz tape is good just for Tempa T's freestyle over the Battle Riddim. Which is more than good enough.

He does an amazing version of that verse on the Aim High video. I wasn't too impressed with the Skitz beats one, it's less experimental than I was hoping for. Gone back to it now you've mentioned it though. Battle Riddim is killer.

N

nomadologist

some Dominirican boys are strikingly gorgeous...taking the L train can be fun for ogling beautiful latinos.

the Grime guys don't have faces for me--I guess they're not huge stars over here.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
brokenmic5pz.jpg

This for me is the ultimate grime image, the mic has broken so they're MCing into the headphones, it reminds me of the Martha Cooper pictures of the early B-Boys. I don't know who took it - it was up on Prancehall's blog ages back, did you take it Prancehall, if you're around? It's genius.

N

nomadologist

that's a great photo. that looks like it could win awards, to me!

i love to observe the behavior of the tough Brooklyn kids in the subway. people watching is fun in general, but i've seen some of them be very mature for their age, giving up seats and watching out for smaller kids. the little subway performers whose brothers make them do the gymnastics on the moving train are funny, too. or the breakdancing kids...

viktorvaughn

UKRecordshop have a restock of Eskimo and New Era Rmx.

I'm listening to a well good rinse session from '02 that has agent x playing bassy minimal stuff for a bit and then the slot after is wonder rinsing out 2-step and quite 'cheesy' 4/4 mixed with some early grime stuff...caught the sound right on the cusp of a sea change i think....

Oh my gosh...wonder just played some hardkore style garage tune....what a mixed bag of tricks! And he's rhyming along to loads of the MCing....This set is deep, i think i got it off Barefiles, labeled just as 'agent x'.

And Agent X has a kinda northern accent, wonder where he is from...

Last edited: