GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

critch

But his quality control is terrible

Agreed, meant to refer to this year particular though. His beat selection has got better than it used to be, and thus the overall quality control has stepped up too.

Still haven't got round to 'Wrap' yet, so whether that's a steaming pile or not I don't know.

gumdrops

trim seems to be the most featured MC on rinse these days. makes sense if rinse are doing an album on him. glad theyre releasing MCs too, if true.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Yeah it's bad, those free tracks he gave away were even worse, I really liked the Trim & Pritch though, just about to give Ghostwriter vs Autotune a spin.
Despite so many disappointing releases I still have really high hopes each time I put a new Trim release on....

Pandiculate

geeneus with riko and durrty doogz on rinse in 2003

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WB48X03G

you may already have it, but i don't think i've heard it before. it's stopping me going to bed! this is seriously one of the best old sets i've heard. up there with slimzee and diz. if i had the energy for more hyperbole right now i would give it to you.. it's incredible, basically.

credit to the original poster, whoever it was.. someone on rwd.

Felt like digging this up, great set. Links still alive for some reason or other

just got to the last 5 minutes, just dropped Geenie. Such a fucking beat. Doogz is destroying it

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Felt like digging this up, great set. Links still alive for some reason or other

just got to the last 5 minutes, just dropped Geenie. Such a fucking beat. Doogz is destroying it

Yes! This set is utterly amazing. I remember this was the first old skool grime set I ever downloaded and it remains my absolute favourite, energy levels are off the scale. You are a fool if you don't download it.

"Its like the fuckin Bahamas bruv!"

godammit I'm gonna have to listen to it again now and I should really go to bed...

Pandiculate

Anyone fancy a bit of Grime Set pooling? I'll create a new folder in the Dissensus Music Dropbox and add a couple

EDIT: keep forgetting the time difference, guess this isn't the best time

Elijah

Butterz
Anyone that is from the Brighton area, we are there Thursday. Since it our usual time for radio, I will stream some of the show
tumblr_lsaxdtf7tF1qbb7z8o1_500.jpg

Benny Bunter

Anyone fancy a bit of Grime Set pooling? I'll create a new folder in the Dissensus Music Dropbox and add a couple

Go for it. We really should reactivate the EDM folder, it was good for a while but noones used it for ages. Theres only some exemen mp3s in there last time I looked. And I'm bored of all the sets I got by now, what sets you got? I've just got stuff off grimetapes really.

And when will grimetapes return? I'm sure theres a shitload of amazing sets in the vault thaat we havent heard yet.

trilliam

ive an absolute fuckload of grime sets, studio and radio if theres somewhere to bang em.

one particular vintage ting by gully gang with vectra on deck for sidewinder. some of the beats... premier screwface shit.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Wasn't there someone promising to rip a load of old grime 12"s for the drop box a while back?
Who was that?

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
I can put in Essentials - State Your Name if the dropbox is going to get a bit more use and the internet here isn't being painfully slow.

critch

And when will grimetapes return? I'm sure theres a shitload of amazing sets in the vault thaat we havent heard yet.

Found a working link for grimetapes here. Obviously there's no new stuff, but the old archive is all there on the side menu.

Proper 4th post question this, but what is the 'dropbox' and how do I pilfer all your old sets out of it?

Pandiculate

Can anyone ID the beat used on the Soulfood Vol. 2 mix CD? It's by Scratcha DVA, its a remix if I remember right. Such a beat, would love it available minus vocal