GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

When's Cherryade coming???

I was going to take that to the pressing plant pretty soon but Darq E Freaker wants to change one of the tunes on the EP so we just have to get that mixed down first. Hopefully that will be done next weekend.

@benw They are separate EP's but I am going to get them out pretty close to each other (hopefully). Not 100% on what is on the Spooky one at the moment as he has had some computer issues so I'm not sure exactly which tunes still exist. If they have all gone then it will be 4 brand new ones.

It was supposed to have these 4 on there

wise

bare BARE BONES
Not meaning to be a hater but a lot of Spooky's tunes sound like midrange dubstep wobble to me....

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
http://www.uncarved.org/blog/2011/01/grimey-reggae-podcast/

Round up of (some) 2010 grime tunes with reggae/dancehall tinge. Plus me blethering away.

This is great! What's the first tune from Rude Kid called?

Edit: Scrap that question - I'm obv too used to listenign to radio shows with little or no information given about the tracks...

I'm new to this kinda stuff, but it seems to me that you're right about it capturing something just...well, more interesting, than a lot of dubstep repproriations of reggae.

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
This is great! What's the first tune from Rude Kid called?

Edit: Scrap that question - I'm obv too used to listenign to radio shows with little or no information given about the tracks...

I'm new to this kinda stuff, but it seems to me that you're right about it capturing something just...well, more interesting, than a lot of dubstep repproriations of reggae.

Yeah I'm from the John Peel school of radio, lol. Glad you liked it, exciting stuff I think :)

gumdrops

woo riddim is a lot more detailed than i thought it would be, listening to the vinyl. sounds great on a big (well, home) system. curious to hear if s-x has anything else as good. secretly hoped the DEE version would be on the bside but it wasnt to be lol.

the grime-sampling-reggae thing is cool to me. i dont think much of it is really that amazing, seems sort of casually slung together, but i like it more than dubsteps version of reggae, just cos that seems so conservative and rigid in comparison. the grime producers keep it a bit looser and rhythmically its a bit more fun. cool hearing that dancehall vocal of eskimo though! would love to hear someone like vybz kartel get on some grime riddims. there was a dubstep one on the recent hatcha show that was actually pretty good.

CrowleyHead

@gumdrops; Interestingly enough, Mavado's repeatedly flirted with grime. There's him 'freestyling' over Top 3 Selected for Tim & Barry on youtube, and he did a record w/ Busy Signal over a Lewi White production...