GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

S

simon silverdollar

cuz i'm one of the worst offenders in starting loads of little grime threads, i thought i'd start this thread, as a place where people can post little titbits of grime info. a little like those 'rolling threads' on ILM.

so, to kick things off:
YOU MUST get the young.dot EP. the best grime record in ages. i keep going on about this record and i'm not going to stop until everyone tells me that they love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Badmarsh

wait till you hear what Vicious and Dangerous mc's (SLT Mob) have to say on grime mc's on a forthcoming mix cd...will be available nationwide in HMV and the like...

bun-u

Trumpet Police
simon silverdollar said:
cuz i'm one of the worst offenders in starting loads of little grime threads, i thought i'd start this thread, as a place where people can post little titbits of grime info. a little like those 'rolling threads' on ILM.

so, to kick things off:
YOU MUST get the young.dot EP. the best grime record in ages. i keep going on about this record and i'm not going to stop until everyone tells me that they love it!

seconded - four brilliant tracks
the title track reminds me of the art of noise?!

S

simon silverdollar

but...trim, wiley or ghetto would make most non-grime MCs look stupid.

Badmarsh

thats the thing...listen closely to vish and danger...

seriously...

and yeah if you want to reply listen closely to trim et all...i have...i used to be on right after them at rinse...

Immryr

im not a big fan of the SLT mc's. to me they sound to much like drum and bass mc's, which i also dont like, obviously.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
simon silverdollar said:

I LUVVIT!

I hadn't heard any of the tracks on radio sets aside from the first one (which is obviously large like Unicron), but they're excellent. I like the third one especially, with the low p-funky bass sound and sci-fi noises. Damn, I only ever catch the last 15mins of Bossman's/Essentials' set on Rinse nowadays, I gotta keep up.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
On the rumours etc tip -- and no I don't want to set any hares racing -- but can someone clarify the position of Run the Road 2 vis-a-vis artist royalties? Simply reflecting on Logan's comments, didn't know if they might be relevant to that compo.

Really want it for the title track. Can anyone suggest any other grime tunes with big female vocals. (also interested in female MCs but lets stick with singing first...)

petergunn

plywood violin
simon silverdollar said:

so, to kick things off:

on wax?

where? rhythm division have it?

Tim F

"Can anyone suggest any other grime tunes with big female vocals. "

Heaps!

Davinche, Katie Pearl ft. Jendor - Mr. DJ
Terra Danjah ft. Shola Ama - So Contagious
Sadie ft. Kano - So Sure (esp. the Target Remix)
Shystie - Make It Easy (Davinche Remix ft. Katie Pearl, Crazy Titch & J2K)
P-Jam & Chardonnay - Can't Hold It In
Gemma Fox - Gone (P-Jam Remix)
Skepta ft. Chanelle - Flying Away
Roll Deep - Fly Away
Davinche, Katie Pearl ft. Kano - Leave Me Alone

Those are my favourites.
(I didn't really like the Kele Le Roc version of Davinche's "Frontline" as much as I expected to...)

ripley

2stepfan said:
Really want it for the title track. Can anyone suggest any other grime tunes with big female vocals. (also interested in female MCs but lets stick with singing first...)

Oh no.. let's move on to female MCs and lose the R+G moanerama! I'm interested in hearing more female grime MCs..

S

simon silverdollar

ripley said:
Oh no.. let's move on to female MCs and lose the R+G moanerama! I'm interested in hearing more female grime MCs..

no-lay and maihem and lady cutie are my favourites.