Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worship the colossal squid, puny humans!!!

Not necessarily - they'd have to use some sort of winch to hoist it out of the water

Quote Originally Posted by martin
    Charming! What did he do to deserve that?
    I think she wanted him to protect her from it, but still allow her to see it from time to time.

But apparently he has now destroyed it because she was getting "hysterical, in the manner of a victorian lady".

Quote Originally Posted by john eden
    I think she wanted him to protect her from it, but still allow her to see it from time to time.

But apparently he has now destroyed it because she was getting "hysterical, in the manner of a victorian lady".
    Why are girls so crap? They hate mice. They're scared of non-venomous spiders. They can't stand Big Black records. They'll buy leather shoes, but start gagging and threatening to vomit if you show them a slice of delicious black pudding. And now - they're terrified of The Sixth Secret Master of the World. An excellent description, on your friend's part, of an all too familiar psychosis.

Default O

Not necessarily - they'd have to use some sort of winch to hoist it out of the water
    you mean it's not levitating in front of those prostrating lesser mortals
    how disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by sufi
    you mean it's not levitating in front of those prostrating lesser mortals
    how disappointing
    That time is coming... SOONER THAN YOU THINK!

Quote Originally Posted by WOEBOT
    true story:

once when i worked at an advertising agency (WCRS) as a practically intern-level junior employee (first job) as a prank i left a 3 foot-long squid on the star creative's desk when he was out at lunch.

jon, that squid isnt real. is it?
    How strange. I was invited to the Christmas Party of an ad agency I was about to join a few years ago and had to buy a secret santa present for the art director. He ended up with a tentacle-packed jar of squid from Sainsbury's, mainly because it rhymed with the budget of 'five quid'. Turned out his boyfriend was mortally allergic to squid and other fruits of the sea, so I expect it got binned.

That time is coming... SOONER THAN YOU THINK!
    yeah i know, the Yoghurt Slothoth told me so...

yeah what happened to that Yoghurt? ain't been around lately... he a funny bunny.

Default Cthulhu

“If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings... It represented a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. This thing, which seemed instinct with a fearsome and unnatural malignancy, was of a somewhat bloated corpulence...” (“The Call of Cthulhu”)

There are some who are of the opinion that Lovecraft borrowed the name “Cthulhu” from Sumerian mythology. This is a hoax perpetrated by the “Simon” hoax edition of the Necronomicon which combines elements of Sumerian mythology and the Lovecraft myths. The name “Cthulhu” was purely an invention of Lovecraft’s. His sketch of Cthulhu may be seen at Robert Arellano’s “The Lovecraft Web”.

Quote Originally Posted by confucius
    yeah what happened to that Yoghurt? ain't been around lately... he a funny bunny.
    Verily, I have been constructing a Cathedral of Grogans amid the inner folds of the Rectosphere that is now Old New Orleans. I wish ye mere mortals could lay thine eyes upon it's mesenteric, pus-glittered halls, bejewelled with embers of swill, and so on. 'T was a formidable task, even for an Old One such as I, one who marshals a limitless horde of mire-born encrustlings, feverish with turdic energies. The very same has occupied most of what thou know as 'summer', though that is a mere blink of one of my countless, sightless eyes.

A thousand stains and smirches be upon you all, loyal mortalry.

oops

Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt Sothoth
    A thousand stains and smirches be upon you all, loyal mortalry.
    that is all very nice and dandy... but great Mr. Sothoth, the funniest bunniest of all them all, do you have anything to say regarding Cthulhu the Great Collosal Squid God???

(I bet Yoghurt is one of the other regulars here under a different alias... matt? hmmm...)

Quote Originally Posted by confucius
    (I bet Yoghurt is one of the other regulars here under a different alias... matt? hmmm...)
    Time to check the IP logs.

I think that Yoghurt is actually a Deep One from Innsmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior
    I think that Yoghurt is actually a Deep One from Innsmouth.
    or Martin.