Worship the colossal squid, puny humans!!!

STN

sou'wester
I've never heard of this group of bones before, but surely it forms the basis of a temple to Cthulhu?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The idea of some gargantuan prehistoric cephalopod arranging disc-shaped vertebrae to make a 'self-portrait' of its tentacle suckers is just way, way too cool for words.

nomos

Administrator
I've never heard of this group of bones before, but surely it forms the basis of a temple to Cthulhu?

surely related to this...

Russian scientists are on the verge of punching a hole into a vast Antarctic lake that's buried under more than two miles of ice.

If the Russians break through, they may tap into and disturb a primitive and pristine ecosystem that has been untouched for millions of years.

:eek:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
In the museum in Wellington, just before you cross over on the ferry to the south island, they've got this museum that shows you all of the ferries that have sunk during the crossing, which didn't bother me. Then they tell you that they've got giant squid in the channel. That did bother me.

DSC_2425.jpg

slowtrain

Wow holy shit, I think me and some friends are going to Island Bay next week, I will keep my eyes peeled for any giant squids.

(Although I'm pretty sure they aren't this far north)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
In the museum in Wellington, just before you cross over on the ferry to the south island, they've got this museum that shows you all of the ferries that have sunk during the crossing, which didn't bother me. Then they tell you that they've got giant squid in the channel. That did bother me.

DSC_2425.jpg

Jim, this photo has totally made my day, I don't think I've ever seen such concentrated glee in one mug. :)

So you had a good trip then?