Datapocalypse

Woebot

yeah this is really in the air at the moment (just about to start a similar thread in music)

i think being narrow-minded is a great place to start. its always been seen as a criticism being narrow-minded, but culturally i think it may be the way forward (for me at least over the past six months, i've been shockingly dismissive of the broad range of stuff) but you know why should i have to take everything on board? happier at the moment to just dig in where i am and focus on the details.

francesco

Minerva Estassi
Morte dell'uomo rinascimentale.

Biochemical research is collapsing in a Black Hole from too much data (Subnuclear physics probably too), too much for a single mind to memorize, elaborate. Researcher can spend a life working only on a molecule and not having the time to know basic fact about what other researcher in the same field do. Ultraspecialization fragmentated science, nobody can physically read all the pubblication and make sincretism on a largest point of overview. Except computers, they will take our place, thankfully. I have no time for a largest life after 12 hours a day devoted to a single biocellular pathway every fucking days in the last 6 years.

Younger i wanted to be a reinessence man, to work in scienze but also to read physosophy, religion, mysticism, logic and mathematic, music, and have a normal life with girls.
Drowing in databliss now, i enjoy forgetting.

treblekicker

True Faith
Don't understand. What is this too much information thing you speak of?

Actually, if it's too much music to listen to, limit myself to about two hours of new stuff a week. Other than that, 3 books, 77 RSS feeds, 8 magazines and 2 national newspapers a day per month seems OK. I mean, do people truly feel stressed when they get too much info?