version

Is it common knowledge that his style came out of the fact that he'd gone massively over the word count but really didn't want to change the plot so he just cut words out of every sentence with the result that they became terser, sharper, more urgent. A happy accident but he had the brains to capitalise.

That was LA Confidential apparently. He cut every "unnecessary" word from every sentence.

version

"On October 31, 2018 it was announced he (Malick) would be executive producing a documentary about rapper Lil Peep."

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Evangelical, tough to swallow.

In a book I read about psychopaths by a guy wot knows them he wrote that Badlands nails psychopaths with the sissy spacek character

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I remember finding tree of life pretty nauseating at times but I did think he captured something of childhood in it

I also quite enjoyed the existential dread he got out of national geographic footage

Reactions: sus

IdleRich

IdleRich
Badlands should be seen. It has Warren Oates in it for a start which is always a good sign.
Yeah you're right Thin Red Line is WW2 but it does feel Vietnam. I remember there is a scene where bullets start flying and it was powerful, it felt as though you were really in it, that you almost understood how scary it might be. The rest of it I forgot about three seconds after it finished.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This thread encouraged me to sample a novel by Elmore Leonard (I've read and loved two novels by him before), and I had to buy it promptly.

So easy to read and yet so well written. I wonder what Luka makes of him.