questions you are dying to ask but are too scared to b/c of music nerd cred?

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
What is the third line in the chorus of Anna by Ruff Sqwad? I've been listening to that tune quite a lot recently, they're saying something about a freestyle but I can't work it out and it's annoying me

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Ta! I can understand a lot more of the lyrics in grime and dancehall songs than I used to be able to, but as a Scottish guy I still find it hard sometimes :confused:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
When I first listened to the end of Jus A Rascal (before the voicemail) or D Double E's verse on Destruction VIP I couldn't understand a word they were saying

So when a track is too short for a twelve inch, why do they press it up on 12 and not 10"? It's not a common problem but when it happens you have to wonder why they wasted all that plastic and ended up with a more expensive product. Or is there a reason that anyone knows of.

john eden

male pale and stale
So when a track is too short for a twelve inch, why do they press it up on 12 and not 10"? It's not a common problem but when it happens you have to wonder why they wasted all that plastic and ended up with a more expensive product. Or is there a reason that anyone knows of.

My recollection is that 10" either costs the same or is more expensive than a 12". Plus I guess 12" is better for people who do actual proper mixing.

Also it is more an issue of how close the grooves are together. A proper disc cutter should spread the grooves across the vinyl for better sound.

You used to get these Congo Natty 12" which were half grooves and half run out which was stupid. The closer the grooves are together the lower the volume of the record.

sadmanbarty

its taught me a lot about identity this $

there've been many times i was tempted to start a corpsey sex thread, but decided against it. one time it was going to be 'turn corpsey into corp$ey', but then even corp$ey was disparaging and it all went out the window

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
There's one hardcore/jungle sample I always wondered about, but never got to the bottom of...
The 2nd synth sound in Metalheads - Sinister, starting at 3.40 ish, that's been re-sampled a fair bit in later years:

Does anyone know the sample or synth source ?
Churs.
c.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
This is fantastic:

but so much Afroswing, or whatever people are calling it, seems a bit underwhelming, lacking the massive hooks. Who else apart from J Hus is good?

tyranny

It's somewhat counterintuitive but 10" presses are simply more expensive.

forclosure

how does the idea of a bashment/trance playlist sound?

an idea that came to my mind after tripping my balls off a week or two ago so i think you man might be some help with this

luka

how does the idea of a bashment/trance playlist sound?

an idea that came to my mind after tripping my balls off a week or two ago so i think you man might be some help with this

i thought you were supposed to be 'str8-edge'? or am i mixing you up with someone else?