Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: best building in london?

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Agreed re Cruciform Building.

Just down the road (sort of), the Russell Square Hotel is one of the most amazing buildings int he world, let alone London.
    As mentioned 11 posts (and five years) ago by owen.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

This is a great thread. So many dud links, though. I thought the internet would last for ever?

https://www.instagram.com/p/86bnJnlBzl/

Here's a photo from my instagram of another Russell Square hotel I like.

The royal courts of justice are fun

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    The royal courts of justice are fun
    They're great, aren't they? They look like Hogwarts or Gormenghast. That high Victorian Gothic revival more-mediaeval-than-the-Middle-Ages aesthetic. Buildings that actually date from like 1400 are almost a letdown in comparison.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Only thing on England to compare, that I can think of, is Brighton pavilion although that's part mughal empire too

I love the sheer vulgar gleeful OTT-ness of St Pancras Station. Also the fact that, at heart, it's a building with a completely utilitarian and commercial purpose - nothing to do with the monarchy or aristocracy, the government or the church like most of our other grand buildings - just a train station with a hotel on top.