Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why communist christians must lose friends and alienate people

shit i didn't know the context of this was a personal falling out but should've figured : L
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It says bless the lads and it means bless the lads.
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    i don't know, probably some marxist cultural theory or something
    https://manifestacionesoterica.bandcamp.com/

yeah, mark was on a big anti-weed screed back then, i might even have the blog post bookmarked, he believed it was making things torpid, not his mates in the political class diverting kids into useless leftist activities like broad fronts, getting respect seats, tactical alliance with councils and police during demos, the lot...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    their understanding of capitalism is not all that different from a generic marxist one, in many respects. they're just on the other side

I'm talking about left accelerationists there, sorry. right accelerationists are just like a mosquito buzzing in my ear at 5 AM when I'm trying to sleep after fajr. just annoying but harmless.

ah yes. and what happens when production based on exchange continues to break down and no cyborg revolution happens? the ubermensch is a bit all up in the air isn't it? we go to euthanising of the species. how joyful.

If you're going to be an accelerationist you might as well be a right accelerationist but as i said there's nothing to package there. I have more respect for right accels than left accelerationists. which look so quaint now. all of them have become the next generation of liberals they all railed against. how taudry. I'm glad my dad is a bit of a conservative nutcase because the last thing i would have wanted is him rocking up to my gaff in leeds cunted off his face on garys at 9 AM.
    Last edited by thirdform; 19-03-2019 at 12:11 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

Wow, I forgot about that time when Mark read the Bible. It was amazing!

is this what got him to do it

honestly, like i said, political, aesthetic etc etc disagreements aside, i feel uncomfortable talking too much about the dead when some people on the forum were close to him. that's why i was uncomfortable with this bump, but i felt like i had to give some context in a UK politics trajectory, although i can understand this could be construed as me being nasty, but yeah whatever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

in retrospect, the influence of zizek on mark is even more obvious

bumped this bc luka bumped that other mark thread and i thought it was weird to see the word Christian in the title of a thread by him but i'm also not *versed* in his writing or anything so maybe it's more of a salient theme/fixation than i'd thought

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    I'm talking about left accelerationists there, sorry.
    so-called left accelerationists are boring careerists, I fully agree. u/acc was/is a more interesting genuine left-wing (in some respects) accelerationist programme