Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: wonderful graffiti

Perhaps it's bad to watch this? Perhaps it's bad, this culture of being able to find more and more information about every passing whim? Sleeping dogs and graffers aren't left lying? Oh well. I'll watch it anyway.

Funny, 15m into this and it's very reminescent of my memories in terms of how moody it could be.

Isn't the proto-Internet virtual world in Neuromancer called 'the matrix'? And that's from about 1982 or something.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Luka - God knows if anyone else is interested - dunno if you do podcasts, but Killer Kela is doing a "Graff Week Special" interviewing old school legends like Mean, Rate/Zomby (I had no idea this was the same guy), Skore, Eine and others. It's pretty mad for me to hear, seeing people I used to see up 20 years ago interviewed. Proper nostalgia triggering.
    http://amp.killakelaofficial.com/

Can't take credit for this photo, I'm afraid.

monkeysex.jpg
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Yesterday I passed a phone box with an advert on it depicting a scantily clad woman and somehad put a speech bubble in with the legend 'STICK AN AVOCADO UP ME'
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Luka - was trying to PM you to say, I met Drax.... in my local Tescos. I knew he was a Hoxton boy so not that surprising. Twice now, we had a big chat the second time.

Fucking hell seriously!!! That's amazing! He seems like a nice man, notwithstanding the football violence.

Did you tell him what you used to write?

Lovely bloke, very friendly and chatty.

Thing was I was a total toy so it's not like he would've heard of me (but that's to be expected - I was like 16 when I stopped). We knew a few of the same people so were having a bit of a chat about them.

What is weird, and I said some of this to him, was how affecting I found looking at all those old pictures. In a good way. But I think it brought back the 16 year old me and all those unrealised desires, to be King of the line, going all city, to have rocked multiple whole cars etc etc. An unintegrated part of myself.

I didn't say this but it's really weird talking to someone who actually did do all the things I wanted to do at that age.
    Last edited by DannyL; 20-08-2019 at 10:14 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyL For This Useful Post:

Right exactly. I have people like that. People who did things I didn't give myself permission to do for one reason or another. Alternative selves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Can't take credit for this photo, I'm afraid.

monkeysex.jpg
    This is looking east towards Greenwich isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Right exactly. I have people like that. People who did things I didn't give myself permission to do for one reason or another. Alternative selves.
    With graf, it's weird 'cos it's the illegality that makes people quit. So people who manage to keep going are going against heroic odds really. I can't remember clearly exactly why I stopped but it was after I got nicked a couple of times (I suspect why I can't remember clearly is that I always meant to get back into it, but just drifted out). With him, I guess he's managed to combine the train stuff with his foreign travels.

Really interesting interview with Oker here (who got a 2 year sentence for graf). Found what he says about doing NY style bombing fascinating. You can see that influence still in what you see from him.

https://waveygarms.com/blogs/news/speaking-to-oker
    Last edited by DannyL; 20-08-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Another old school London graf interview strangely in the back of a taxi cab: