wonderful graffiti

sufi

lala
4875301246_b8a25981b8_z.jpg

havent actually seen this but recognise the location

boyalive

looking for a good cowboy
on the overground line between new cross and london bridge someone has done a big 'Peggy Mitchell' piece in pink. Next to that someone added a big 'Pat Butcher'. I will try and photo it from the train window some day.

boyalive

also there is a river on the way to Brighton called the River Uck. They had to shorten the sign to stop jokers adding an F but people still sneak one in
3938915660_9e2ac995c5.jpg

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
on the overground line between new cross and london bridge someone has done a big 'Peggy Mitchell' piece in pink. Next to that someone added a big 'Pat Butcher'. I will try and photo it from the train window some day.

wherebouts? that sounds wicked, is it on the train from new cross to ldn bridge, or the overground from new cross to dalston? might take a trip to have a butchers lol

boyalive

the train line that goes london bridge-new cross-lewisham, not the east london line. I'll try and photo it if the train ever slows down enough past it.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I love the street sign for Varndell Street, just off Hampstead Road near Euston, which someone has helpfully and appropriately altered to 'Vandal Street'. See also: Pilldrop Crescent, formerly Hilldrop Crescent, in Holloway.

I've never been to Manchester but it gladens me to hear that the first letter in the sign for Canal Street gets painted out with predictable regularity.

One of the main roads in Montreal is named "St. Denis" and despite there being a generous amount of street signs that run up and down it, of all the many times I've been to Montreal I have not once seen one of them defaced by the most obvious alteration just a single line of paint could provide.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That 'GAT' (or is it 'TAG'?) monogram that's all over London - it's all over Barcelona too. And there's a sort of cartoon spider character I know from London that I saw a few times in Geneva when I lived there a few years back...I really like spotting international graffiti.

tox

Factory Girl
Wow, are you actually tox? You're a tag legend.

Haha, I wish. Just a namesake! Was impressed to see he's still up, even in 2011 (not my photo though):

5529959876_68bc2531cd.jpg

This is an impressive act of Parisian vandalism utilising plenty of paint and a fire extinguisher (...if you can make it past the cheesey intro - damage starts at about 2 minutes 30 seconds):