wonderful graffiti

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Acid tagging sounds interesting, where's that last image from hundredmillion? The one that looks like a totally graf covered estate?

Acid tagging sounds interesting, where's that last image from hundredmillion? The one that looks like a totally graf covered estate?

Queens (en route from Flushing to Times Square), New York.

Address: 5 Pointz, Jackson Avenue at Crane Street and Davis Street, the whole block, Long Island City, NY 11101

"'5 Pointz, the Institute of Higher Burnin'. Not a museum or gallery, 5 Pointz is a living collage of graffiti art covering a converted warehouse full of artist studios. The art of famous and novice graffiti artists covers the building's facade, all done with the encouragement of the building's owner. It's a well-known sight from the elevated 7 subway, which runs behind 5 Pointz. "

art_5pointz.jpg

sufi

lala
guerilla geraniums...

... with obscure slogans have taken up positions surrounding brixton police station, & are just coming into bloom... :)

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
... with obscure slogans have taken up positions surrounding brixton police station, & are just coming into bloom... :)

any idea who's doing that sufi? There was a whole bunch of stuff on the green outside the Ritzy a while back as well, it made it feel well Manhattan-ny, I hope Lambeth start to pay them. if they aren't already lol.

sufi

lala
any idea who's doing that sufi? There was a whole bunch of stuff on the green outside the Ritzy a while back as well, it made it feel well Manhattan-ny, I hope Lambeth start to pay them. if they aren't already lol.
none at all ... but i'll ask around my lambeth hortikultural contacts :cool:

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Never got a picture of it (something I will regret 'til the day I die), but someone once painted "G.G. ALLIN IS FUCKIN AMAZING" in 4ft tall letters on the side of my local community centre...

swears

preppy-kei
Why does the London 2012 look like some "80s retro" design on a £9.99 t-shirt from Topshop?
Should have got Peter Saville in for some stylish classical typeface action...

80s in this context would be a stupid animal character. This one grows on you and is possibly aimed at an Asian TV audience - I don't know, it resembles a pictogram.

Here's the Beijing one
logo_beijing_400.gif

That running figure can also been seen as the character 'Jing' which translates as 'capital'.

robin

i've been travelling around a fair bit this year and have a few graffiti photos,i'll try and dig up the rest but in the meantime here's a couple.

prenzlaeur berg in berlin

2007_1010berlin30027.JPG

2007_1010berlin30028.JPG

robin

barcelona (unfortunately the ones someone else posted upthread of barcelona are no longer there,and nor at the original photos woebot posted about,but if i remember rightly the first one of these looks like its in a similar style. also,the last one was in the hall of an apartment some friends of mine were renting,it looks like it might be by the same guy)

2007_0904barcelona10046.JPG

2007_0904barcelona10048.JPG

2007_0904barcelona10044.JPG

2007_0904barcelona20082.JPG

2007_0904barcelona10011.JPG

2007_0904barcelona10005.JPG