Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

I had a chat with Matt recently about helping out around here and it looks like I can now do a bit of moderation. I just moved a thread from "Music" to "Mixes" to prove it.

I'm conscious that there should be some accountability on Dissensus and that the moderators should be known, so I've posted this thread here about it.

There is a View Forum Leaders link on the main page which will show you which members can do more than simply post here.

I would suggest that if anyone thinks any of the moderators are unsuitable for any reason for them to take this up with Matt or one of the other moderators.

Having said all that, I think we are all pretty easy going and laissez faire about this place, so I'd be surprised if there was anything to concern people.

This has been a public service announcement.

I've moved and deleted a few threads too. Anything which is self-promotional I've stuck down in the mixes/events it; that's about it.

droid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by john eden
    I had a chat with Matt recently about helping out around here and it looks like I can now do a bit of moderation. I just moved a thread from "Music" to "Mixes" to prove it.
    The Eskimo Dance thread from February?

Am I to take it that the vague 'spam' rule is to now be applied retroactively, and that the music forum is to be purged of all that evil 'self promotional' material, and restored to the realm of pure thought?

Quote Originally Posted by droid
    The Eskimo Dance thread from February?

Am I to take it that the vague 'spam' rule is to now be applied retroactively, and that the music forum is to be purged of all that evil 'self promotional' material, and restored to the realm of pure thought?

Nah, it had been bumped today!

And I know for a fact that you've had several impure thoughts this morning alone, young Droid.

Default yup hi all - do we get scooters?

i just moved the 'what time are we meeting' thread from music to misc, it bugged me there, mebbie should have been in events i dunno....? anyway, some snaps may develop soon...

i also changed one of rewch's thread titles upon his kind request the other day - anyone care to guess which?

droid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by john eden
    And I know for a fact that you've had several impure thoughts this morning alone, young Droid.

Curse you and your disarming humour Eden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi
    i just moved the 'what time are we meeting' thread from music to misc, it bugged me there, mebbie should have been in events i dunno....? anyway, some snaps may develop soon...
    Jesus - Are you guys all looking for the same promotion or what?

why such London hegemony among moderaters? Power to the provinces!

Default Calling for other posters to be banned

A NOTE FOR EVERYONE

a) If you find the content of someone's posts objectionable, please report it to the moderators.

b) If you find a poster objectionable, either find a particularly objectionable post and report that (one will do, maybe choose the worst?) or perhaps go and have a walk, a cup of tea or whatever. Then come back to your screen and consider whether its really worth kicking off about. If it is, go to (a).

Dissensus doesn't work on the basis that if someone puts up 16 requests to ban a poster that they will get banned. Or any number.

there was an option to ignore a poster, so you wouldn't see their posts. But that's been removed now, but if ppl do that in their heads things will be ok.

Just for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by matt b
    thanks once again for your insightful comments
    what's your take on jim davidson's 'hilarious' chalky white character?
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    Are Spiked just breaking you in or something? You know, the rest of them get paid for this piffle, you shouldn't be wasting it here for free.
    Oh, you should. It's the number one port of call for ambitious young contrarians who think calling a spade a spade makes them a modern day Tom Paine.
    brave Jambo says what he thinks, calls a spade a spade while dissensus hides in cosy cautious tribal norms.
    yeah man, use the language you choose- do you choose nigger, paki, chink etc? or are there reasons why you feel the use of such terms in inappropriate?
    Why not change the first letter of your pseudonym while you're at it? I'm sure a bold thinker such as yourself can find a nice avatar to go with.
    BAN!!!!
    is it me, or is this jibberish?
    Quote Originally Posted by matt b View Post
    if bernard manning wasn't dead, you could be his spokesperson
    Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Move over Kevin Barry.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Jesus H Christ.*
    it's childish

This reminds me of that teacher-alerting "uuUUUuum!" sound primary-school kids make when another kid has done something naughty.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

droid Guest

Im assuming this is a joke? As was the post from me which you quote above ( hence the :wink: ) in response to a post you made which I also assumed was made partly in jest.

You seem like an interesting character, please don't take normal and relatively mild internet combativenesses too seriously.

If you are serious - where do you see this going exactly? Some kind of tribunal for hurt feelings? (Please note the )

I know your post was a joke droid, as was matt b's call for 'BAN!!!', but overall I think that is a lot of abuse and insinuation.

As for calling for teacher - well I could PM a mod or I could contribute to the further derailment of the Barack thread but I thought I would post those quotes there so that people could see what has happened in that thread. It's interesting because I'd be surprised if what I had actually said was particularly controversial or contrarian in nature.
    Last edited by jambo; 07-11-2008 at 05:04 PM.

droid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jambo View Post
    I know your post was a joke droid, as was matt b's call for 'BAN!!!', but overall I think that is a lot of abuse and insinuation.

As for calling for teacher - well I could PM a mod or I could contribute to the further derailment of the Barack thread but I thought I would post those quotes there so that people could see what has happened in that thread. It's interesting because I'd be surprised if what I had actually said was particularly controversial or contrarian in nature.
    Fair enough. But this kind of thing gives the impression that you're oversensitive to the effects the words of others have on you, whilst ignoring the affect your words may have on others.

Anyway. Point is, you're very welcome here, and most of the inhabitants here are pretty decent once you settle in.

Not that this means much coming from me!
    Last edited by droid; 07-11-2008 at 05:32 PM.