Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
2stepfan said:
It'll all end in tears you know.

rockers.jpg
rowdymods.jpg

So come on then, which of the "mods" here were prefects at school? Go on, admit it.

The rest of us are rockers? I suppose that is the significance?
So - we are the rockers! (harder than those softie-mods on this board -
on their dinky little Lambrettas and wearing silly suits)

Last edited:

Woebot

dHarry said:
for the record I'm using IE 6.0.29... on WinXP Professional 2002 service pack 2.

all links appear as very faintly lighter than standard text, #333333 in fact, and only underline on mouseover, if I'm lucky enough to notice that they're there.

oi yoi! i'll get round to checking this out someday. are you using the nick(s)kin?

Woebot

just added droid to this list. droid is always the first to drop me an email when the site goes down.

if dominic, dave stelfox or luka are interested i can zap them with some privelleges as well. i'm kinda assuming as they're a bunch of vikings, that it's not their bag.

dHarry

WOEBOT said:
oi yoi! i'll get round to checking this out someday. are you using the nick(s)kin?
indeed i am - requesting a text-decoration:underline style attribute on all links, accessibility bizniss, seen?

Woebot

although i believe droid did an excellent job, i think he may have been at a disadvantage by not being properly briefed by yours truly.

i'd like moderation at dissensus to be an exercise in minimal intervention, a practically invisible role. i find all this admin i'm having to do at the moment is absolutely fucking tedious. having to nanny people! i'd rather be putting the little energy i have to spare into thowing up some new music threads.

to this end i've asked two more moderators on to replace the gap left by droid and diggedy derek (whither?). please give a warm hand to paul autonomic and 2stepfan.

lets keep the tone raised people. dissensus isnt supposed to be a pub, more like some cross between a bootleggers convention, union meeting held in candlelight and soapboxes on hyde park corner. lets keep it pretentious folks!

john eden

male pale and stale
Calling for other posters to be banned

A NOTE FOR EVERYONE

a) If you find the content of someone's posts objectionable, please report it to the moderators.

b) If you find a poster objectionable, either find a particularly objectionable post and report that (one will do, maybe choose the worst?) or perhaps go and have a walk, a cup of tea or whatever. Then come back to your screen and consider whether its really worth kicking off about. If it is, go to (a).

Dissensus doesn't work on the basis that if someone puts up 16 requests to ban a poster that they will get banned. Or any number.

mms

sometimes
there was an option to ignore a poster, so you wouldn't see their posts. But that's been removed now, but if ppl do that in their heads things will be ok.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
just added droid to this list. droid is always the first to drop me an email when the site goes down.

if dominic, dave stelfox or luka are interested i can zap them with some privelleges as well. i'm kinda assuming as they're a bunch of vikings, that it's not their bag.

matt offered me this privilege quite some time ago and i never took him up on it, but i'd like to now. i will commence banning people forthwith.

jambo

slip inside my schlafsack
Just for the record.

matt b said:
thanks once again for your insightful comments :rolleyes:
matt b said:
what's your take on jim davidson's 'hilarious' chalky white character?
crackerjack said:
Are Spiked just breaking you in or something? You know, the rest of them get paid for this piffle, you shouldn't be wasting it here for free.
crackerjack said:
Oh, you should. It's the number one port of call for ambitious young contrarians who think calling a spade a spade makes them a modern day Tom Paine.
crackerjack said:
brave Jambo says what he thinks, calls a spade a spade while dissensus hides in cosy cautious tribal norms.
matt b said:
yeah man, use the language you choose- do you choose nigger, paki, chink etc? or are there reasons why you feel the use of such terms in inappropriate?
crackerjack said:
Why not change the first letter of your pseudonym while you're at it? I'm sure a bold thinker such as yourself can find a nice avatar to go with.
matt b said:
matt b said:
is it me, or is this jibberish?
if bernard manning wasn't dead, you could be his spokesperson
Move over Kevin Barry. ;)
Jesus H Christ.*
matt b said:
it's childish

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This reminds me of that teacher-alerting "uuUUUuum!" sound primary-school kids make when another kid has done something naughty.

D

droid

Im assuming this is a joke? As was the post from me which you quote above ( hence the 😉 ) in response to a post you made which I also assumed was made partly in jest.

You seem like an interesting character, please don't take normal and relatively mild internet combativenesses too seriously.

If you are serious - where do you see this going exactly? Some kind of tribunal for hurt feelings? ;) (Please note the ;))

jambo

slip inside my schlafsack
I know your post was a joke droid, as was matt b's call for 'BAN!!!', but overall I think that is a lot of abuse and insinuation.

As for calling for teacher - well I could PM a mod or I could contribute to the further derailment of the Barack thread but I thought I would post those quotes there so that people could see what has happened in that thread. It's interesting because I'd be surprised if what I had actually said was particularly controversial or contrarian in nature.

Last edited:
D

droid

I know your post was a joke droid, as was matt b's call for 'BAN!!!', but overall I think that is a lot of abuse and insinuation.

As for calling for teacher - well I could PM a mod or I could contribute to the further derailment of the Barack thread but I thought I would post those quotes there so that people could see what has happened in that thread. It's interesting because I'd be surprised if what I had actually said was particularly controversial or contrarian in nature.

Fair enough. But this kind of thing gives the impression that you're oversensitive to the effects the words of others have on you, whilst ignoring the affect your words may have on others.

Anyway. Point is, you're very welcome here, and most of the inhabitants here are pretty decent once you settle in.

Not that this means much coming from me!

Last edited by a moderator:

vimothy

yurp
Listen to droid jambo, he's being very sensible (here).

Sometimes it can be most annoying when everyone misunderstands you and makes a judgement based on that, but generally I find that getting annoyed only increases your chances of being misunderstood, because people are reacting to your annoyance and you're reacting to their's. Consider it a challenge to sum up your view in words we can all understand -- I'm sure it's do-able...

vimothy

yurp
What's happened to everyone these last few days, BTW -- so much disagreement over issues you all basically agree on anyway.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So has jambo actually been banned, or has he changed his custom title to 'banned' for reasons best known to himself?