Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

Might be a browser ting? It shows up as underlined in black for me and I am using that skin with IE...

droid Guest

Urgh! how can anyone use that thing anyway!

The 2nd style down:

a:link
    {
    color: #000000;
    }

should be changed to:

{
    color: #666666;
    }

(or any other preffered hex colour value)

It'll all end in tears you know.

So come on then, which of the "mods" here were prefects at school? Go on, admit it.
    paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

for the record I'm using IE 6.0.29... on WinXP Professional 2002 service pack 2.

all links appear as very faintly lighter than standard text, #333333 in fact, and only underline on mouseover, if I'm lucky enough to notice that they're there.

droid Guest

Maybe an underline or bold font would be better then?

{
    color: #666666;
    text-decoration: underline;
    font: bold;
    }

Is what the style should look like in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by 2stepfan
    It'll all end in tears you know.

So come on then, which of the "mods" here were prefects at school? Go on, admit it.
    The rest of us are rockers? I suppose that is the significance?
    So - we are the rockers! (harder than those softie-mods on this board -
    on their dinky little Lambrettas and wearing silly suits)
    Last edited by Ness Rowlah; 03-03-2006 at 02:54 PM.
    Ness Rowlah

Quote Originally Posted by dHarry
    for the record I'm using IE 6.0.29... on WinXP Professional 2002 service pack 2.

all links appear as very faintly lighter than standard text, #333333 in fact, and only underline on mouseover, if I'm lucky enough to notice that they're there.
    oi yoi! i'll get round to checking this out someday. are you using the nick(s)kin?

Quote Originally Posted by ness BANNED rowlah
    ...softie-mods on them dinky lambrettas...
    YOURE SO BANNED ROWLAH!

just added droid to this list. droid is always the first to drop me an email when the site goes down.

if dominic, dave stelfox or luka are interested i can zap them with some privelleges as well. i'm kinda assuming as they're a bunch of vikings, that it's not their bag.

Quote Originally Posted by WOEBOT
    oi yoi! i'll get round to checking this out someday. are you using the nick(s)kin?
    indeed i am - requesting a text-decoration:underline style attribute on all links, accessibility bizniss, seen?

although i believe droid did an excellent job, i think he may have been at a disadvantage by not being properly briefed by yours truly.

i'd like moderation at dissensus to be an exercise in minimal intervention, a practically invisible role. i find all this admin i'm having to do at the moment is absolutely fucking tedious. having to nanny people! i'd rather be putting the little energy i have to spare into thowing up some new music threads.

to this end i've asked two more moderators on to replace the gap left by droid and diggedy derek (whither?). please give a warm hand to paul autonomic and 2stepfan.

lets keep the tone raised people. dissensus isnt supposed to be a pub, more like some cross between a bootleggers convention, union meeting held in candlelight and soapboxes on hyde park corner. lets keep it pretentious folks!

Default Calling for other posters to be banned

A NOTE FOR EVERYONE

a) If you find the content of someone's posts objectionable, please report it to the moderators.

b) If you find a poster objectionable, either find a particularly objectionable post and report that (one will do, maybe choose the worst?) or perhaps go and have a walk, a cup of tea or whatever. Then come back to your screen and consider whether its really worth kicking off about. If it is, go to (a).

Dissensus doesn't work on the basis that if someone puts up 16 requests to ban a poster that they will get banned. Or any number.

there was an option to ignore a poster, so you wouldn't see their posts. But that's been removed now, but if ppl do that in their heads things will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by WOEBOT View Post
    just added droid to this list. droid is always the first to drop me an email when the site goes down.

if dominic, dave stelfox or luka are interested i can zap them with some privelleges as well. i'm kinda assuming as they're a bunch of vikings, that it's not their bag.
    matt offered me this privilege quite some time ago and i never took him up on it, but i'd like to now. i will commence banning people forthwith.

Just for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by matt b
    thanks once again for your insightful comments
    what's your take on jim davidson's 'hilarious' chalky white character?
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    Are Spiked just breaking you in or something? You know, the rest of them get paid for this piffle, you shouldn't be wasting it here for free.
    Oh, you should. It's the number one port of call for ambitious young contrarians who think calling a spade a spade makes them a modern day Tom Paine.
    brave Jambo says what he thinks, calls a spade a spade while dissensus hides in cosy cautious tribal norms.
    yeah man, use the language you choose- do you choose nigger, paki, chink etc? or are there reasons why you feel the use of such terms in inappropriate?
    Why not change the first letter of your pseudonym while you're at it? I'm sure a bold thinker such as yourself can find a nice avatar to go with.
    BAN!!!!
    is it me, or is this jibberish?
    Quote Originally Posted by matt b View Post
    if bernard manning wasn't dead, you could be his spokesperson
    Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Move over Kevin Barry.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Jesus H Christ.*
    it's childish