Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

This reminds me of that teacher-alerting "uuUUUuum!" sound primary-school kids make when another kid has done something naughty.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

droid Guest

Im assuming this is a joke? As was the post from me which you quote above ( hence the :wink: ) in response to a post you made which I also assumed was made partly in jest.

You seem like an interesting character, please don't take normal and relatively mild internet combativenesses too seriously.

If you are serious - where do you see this going exactly? Some kind of tribunal for hurt feelings? (Please note the )

I know your post was a joke droid, as was matt b's call for 'BAN!!!', but overall I think that is a lot of abuse and insinuation.

As for calling for teacher - well I could PM a mod or I could contribute to the further derailment of the Barack thread but I thought I would post those quotes there so that people could see what has happened in that thread. It's interesting because I'd be surprised if what I had actually said was particularly controversial or contrarian in nature.
    Last edited by jambo; 07-11-2008 at 04:04 PM.

You forgot the bit where I said "bollocks" in response to one of your posts.

droid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jambo View Post
    I know your post was a joke droid, as was matt b's call for 'BAN!!!', but overall I think that is a lot of abuse and insinuation.

As for calling for teacher - well I could PM a mod or I could contribute to the further derailment of the Barack thread but I thought I would post those quotes there so that people could see what has happened in that thread. It's interesting because I'd be surprised if what I had actually said was particularly controversial or contrarian in nature.
    Fair enough. But this kind of thing gives the impression that you're oversensitive to the effects the words of others have on you, whilst ignoring the affect your words may have on others.

Anyway. Point is, you're very welcome here, and most of the inhabitants here are pretty decent once you settle in.

Not that this means much coming from me!
    Last edited by droid; 07-11-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Listen to droid jambo, he's being very sensible (here).

Sometimes it can be most annoying when everyone misunderstands you and makes a judgement based on that, but generally I find that getting annoyed only increases your chances of being misunderstood, because people are reacting to your annoyance and you're reacting to their's. Consider it a challenge to sum up your view in words we can all understand -- I'm sure it's do-able...

What's happened to everyone these last few days, BTW -- so much disagreement over issues you all basically agree on anyway.

So has jambo actually been banned, or has he changed his custom title to 'banned' for reasons best known to himself?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Why don't you ask him?

It's OK, he is vegetariun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    So has jambo actually been banned, or has he changed his custom title to 'banned' for reasons best known to himself?
    Jambo too? God, it's a bloodbath out there.

edit: or maybe not.

Jambo has not been banned.

Did HMLT get banned again?

Fuck that shit, bring him back.

you know honestly it never even crossed my mind that waffle might be HTML...

We could bring back HMLT if we banned Mr Tea, that way he could post without Tea giving him constant abuse and starting pointless arguments.