Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

john eden

male pale and stale
I had a chat with Matt recently about helping out around here and it looks like I can now do a bit of moderation. I just moved a thread from "Music" to "Mixes" to prove it. :cool:

I'm conscious that there should be some accountability on Dissensus and that the moderators should be known, so I've posted this thread here about it.

There is a View Forum Leaders link on the main page which will show you which members can do more than simply post here.

I would suggest that if anyone thinks any of the moderators are unsuitable for any reason for them to take this up with Matt or one of the other moderators.

Having said all that, I think we are all pretty easy going and laissez faire about this place, so I'd be surprised if there was anything to concern people.

This has been a public service announcement.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I've moved and deleted a few threads too. Anything which is self-promotional I've stuck down in the mixes/events it; that's about it.

D

droid

john eden said:
I had a chat with Matt recently about helping out around here and it looks like I can now do a bit of moderation. I just moved a thread from "Music" to "Mixes" to prove it. :cool:

The Eskimo Dance thread from February? :confused:

Am I to take it that the vague 'spam' rule is to now be applied retroactively, and that the music forum is to be purged of all that evil 'self promotional' material, and restored to the realm of pure thought?

:p

john eden

male pale and stale
droid said:
The Eskimo Dance thread from February? :confused:

Am I to take it that the vague 'spam' rule is to now be applied retroactively, and that the music forum is to be purged of all that evil 'self promotional' material, and restored to the realm of pure thought?

:p

Nah, it had been bumped today!

And I know for a fact that you've had several impure thoughts this morning alone, young Droid. ;)

sufi

lala
yup hi all - do we get scooters?

i just moved the 'what time are we meeting' thread from music to misc, it bugged me there, mebbie should have been in events i dunno....? anyway, some snaps may develop soon...

i also changed one of rewch's thread titles upon his kind request the other day - anyone care to guess which? :)

D

droid

john eden said:
And I know for a fact that you've had several impure thoughts this morning alone, young Droid. ;)

:D

Curse you and your disarming humour Eden!

Sufi said:
i just moved the 'what time are we meeting' thread from music to misc, it bugged me there, mebbie should have been in events i dunno....? anyway, some snaps may develop soon...

Jesus - Are you guys all looking for the same promotion or what? ;)

sufi

lala
mods.gif

3underscore

Can we have some new forums with individual mods?

I would like an MPC / Stelfox forum for amusement, and a Logan Sama forum (where all posts must be as minimal in content as possible).

martin

----
Er...have you all forgotten the Stanford Prison Experiment and how that panned out? Quite frankly, I find this new development highly disturbing

dHarry

Dissensus Style Change Request

Don't know if this is the place to ask this, but using the Nick(s)kin stylesheet on Dissensus, links don't show as links via colour or underline unless the user is lucky enough to mouse over them, and so can easily be missed, just like the "stylesheet" link earlier in this sentence!

Any chance it could be updated?

thank, Mods!

john eden

male pale and stale
Might be a browser ting? It shows up as underlined in black for me and I am using that skin with IE...

D

droid

Urgh! how can anyone use that thing anyway!

The 2nd style down:

a:link
{
color: #000000;
}

should be changed to:

{
color: #666666;
}

(or any other preffered hex colour value)

dHarry

for the record I'm using IE 6.0.29... on WinXP Professional 2002 service pack 2.

all links appear as very faintly lighter than standard text, #333333 in fact, and only underline on mouseover, if I'm lucky enough to notice that they're there.

D

droid

Maybe an underline or bold font would be better then?

{
color: #666666;
text-decoration: underline;
font: bold;
}

Is what the style should look like in that case.