Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115

Thread: Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,430

    Post Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

    I had a chat with Matt recently about helping out around here and it looks like I can now do a bit of moderation. I just moved a thread from "Music" to "Mixes" to prove it.

    I'm conscious that there should be some accountability on Dissensus and that the moderators should be known, so I've posted this thread here about it.

    There is a View Forum Leaders link on the main page which will show you which members can do more than simply post here.

    I would suggest that if anyone thinks any of the moderators are unsuitable for any reason for them to take this up with Matt or one of the other moderators.

    Having said all that, I think we are all pretty easy going and laissez faire about this place, so I'd be surprised if there was anything to concern people.

    This has been a public service announcement.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    978

    Default

    I've moved and deleted a few threads too. Anything which is self-promotional I've stuck down in the mixes/events it; that's about it.

  3. #3
    droid Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john eden
    I had a chat with Matt recently about helping out around here and it looks like I can now do a bit of moderation. I just moved a thread from "Music" to "Mixes" to prove it.
    The Eskimo Dance thread from February?

    Am I to take it that the vague 'spam' rule is to now be applied retroactively, and that the music forum is to be purged of all that evil 'self promotional' material, and restored to the realm of pure thought?




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid
    The Eskimo Dance thread from February?

    Am I to take it that the vague 'spam' rule is to now be applied retroactively, and that the music forum is to be purged of all that evil 'self promotional' material, and restored to the realm of pure thought?



    Nah, it had been bumped today!

    And I know for a fact that you've had several impure thoughts this morning alone, young Droid.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    لندورا
    Posts
    2,721

    Default yup hi all - do we get scooters?

    i just moved the 'what time are we meeting' thread from music to misc, it bugged me there, mebbie should have been in events i dunno....? anyway, some snaps may develop soon...

    i also changed one of rewch's thread titles upon his kind request the other day - anyone care to guess which?

  6. #6
    droid Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john eden
    And I know for a fact that you've had several impure thoughts this morning alone, young Droid.


    Curse you and your disarming humour Eden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi
    i just moved the 'what time are we meeting' thread from music to misc, it bugged me there, mebbie should have been in events i dunno....? anyway, some snaps may develop soon...
    Jesus - Are you guys all looking for the same promotion or what?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    لندورا
    Posts
    2,721

    Default


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    110

    Default

    why such London hegemony among moderaters? Power to the provinces!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,799

    Default

    my sincere thx to all the mods

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Can we have some new forums with individual mods?

    I would like an MPC / Stelfox forum for amusement, and a Logan Sama forum (where all posts must be as minimal in content as possible).

  11. #11

    Default

    Er...have you all forgotten the Stanford Prison Experiment and how that panned out? Quite frankly, I find this new development highly disturbing

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,430

    Default

    I haven't forgotten about it at all, in fact I've been getting some excellent tips from this awesome website about it: http://www.prisonexp.org/

  13. #13

    Default



    NEVER trust a hippie

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,430

    Default

    Ha! Get back to those mailbags, Poster #4318.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    602

    Dissensus Style Change Request

    Don't know if this is the place to ask this, but using the Nick(s)kin stylesheet on Dissensus, links don't show as links via colour or underline unless the user is lucky enough to mouse over them, and so can easily be missed, just like the "stylesheet" link earlier in this sentence!

    Any chance it could be updated?

    thank, Mods!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •