Forum Leaders - We Are The Mods

vimothy

yurp
Who are the mods now?

A few days ago, Dissensus suddenly stopped keeping me logged in when I haven't got it oppen, and then started logging me out every hour. What's going on?

nomos

Administrator
sufi is boss now, with me and matt b as his underlings.

the logout thing is really annoying. there's a thread about it in Misc or Tech with a possible fix but it hasn't worked for me so far. the new board software is very buggy. i think we're holding out for improvements in the next update.

Is it just my computer connection or has Dissensus been unavailable for the last week? Whether on Firefox or IE it kept coming up as 'site unavailable'. My service provider is Virgin media for what it's worth.

hucks

Your Message Here
yeah it was buggered. I thought we had to put another 10p in the meter again but I think it was just gremlins

Leo

yeah, was down last week for me too. i emailed a certain someone, who replied: "i have moved the DNS to a different nameserver (what ever that means) so i guess that's tweaked it out somehow, i've sent support a rocket."

hopefully all good now. for as much as we moan about how is isn't as good as it used to be, i really missed it! ya don't know what ya got til it's gone.

sufi

lala
I wrote two posts in the music forum on Thursday evening that appeared up there at the time, but aren't there now. Is this likely to be a gremlin or have I violated some taboo?

nomos

Administrator
The site went down for a bit recently. Haven't talked to sufi but I'm guessing there might have been some related blips. Which threads were they in?

Last edited:
The Grime lies, rumours, etc. one, and the UKG 2013. It's no biggie as I remember how I worded them and can write them again if needs be. I just thought it was strange that they were there one day and gone the next.

nomos

Administrator
Normally, I can see deleted posts but yours aren't there, so I think it must have been a database burp. Sorry about that. I hope we didn't lose much else.

sufi

lala
Sorry Owen, we moved to a new host on thursday night (i put up a temporary warning message at the time) so your posts must have got left behind when we moved, i could dig em up if necessary, but better if you redo them yourself

aka dissensus burped

i'm so glad we've got ourselves into the new host now, hope everyone will let us know if any more glitches or wonkiness occur...

Who made mr tea staff??! And why? Why haven’t I been offered yet? I don’t want to be a little moderator jobsworth like tea and luka I just want to be offered so I can turn it down.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think you can edit but only soon after... seems fair to me. You shouldn't be able to go and edit something old which has loads of replies... though I can well imagine that you have a lot of old embarrassing posts you want to discreetly remove @mixed_biscuits...