Blogs throbbing with life!

sufi

lala
my blog just throbbed!

...as a result of a lot of arabic pop music tv over the past fortnight i done a couple of fat mp3 posts
http://railtonroad.com/6109

probably a bit more to come as i met up with some bona fide right dodgy sha'abi megastars & will blog up some klassics sooon...in sha allah
(matt pleez update your links bar pleez, ta!!)

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
I receive a weekly email from the folks at Flavorpill which highlights certain cultural offerings, mostly band/dj events, indie movies, lectures, and galleries.

This time there was the following blurb on some Blogs:

MUSIC BLOGGING AND COLLECTOR MADNESS: Woebot, Gutterbreakz, and Blissblog

The best music blogs are like archaeological excavations, unearthing the half-forgotten records of the past, along with the best of current genres. Woebot, run by the mysterious Matt Woebot, is a crate-digger's paradise. A recent five-part post on his top 100 albums is filled with juicy full-color scans of vinyl album covers that practically pop off the screen, making you wish you'd never jumped on that MP3 train. Gutterbreakz, operated by a guy who calls himself Nick Gutterbreakz, reads like a music magazine dedicated to grime, dubstep, and other fringe genres, complete with voluminous interviews and label profiles. Blissblog, run out of New York by longtime music critic Simon Reynolds, is a regularly updated tumult of brainy pontifications and exultations; a recent post considered the agonies of cleaning out his record collection. (GD)

this is the url they send in case the email doesnt work:

http://chi.flavorpill.net/current.jsp

tate

Brown Sugar
Freakaholic said:
This time there was the following blurb on some Blogs:

MUSIC BLOGGING AND COLLECTOR MADNESS: Woebot, Gutterbreakz, and Blissblog

i got that too, a while back, and was very pleased to see it. the author of the blurb though was geeta dayal, a blogger herself (the original soundtrack), and mr. reynolds' research assistant, so it makes sense

francesco

Minerva Estassi
sufi said:
wish my italian was better :(
where is that via francesco? & why?

thanks Matt for the link and sufi for the interest. Wish i have time to write more, still i haven't written too much, and the blog not have a very precise form. I am thinking also to make some post on music in english, but really i'm proud of my italian and ashamed of my english... via del borgo santo spirito is in Rome.. in the 50'/'60 there was a theatre in there, a popular theatre for poor people in time when television was not omnipresent, a theatre with very incompetent and risible "actors", often very old and ill from age and very poor on money, that tried to make popular version in roman dialect of classic by Shakespeare or the bible. You should imagine a 60 years old and fat Juliet and a 70 years old and half blind romeo to have a glint of the fun... or the fact that often nobody of the actors remembered their parts and make up the dialogues and messed the plot on spot, or simply stay silent with the people laughing at them... or that actors were drunks on wine.and fighting each others in public.. or very late and entered in the play at the wrongs times... always making a mess of the plot! and once when they represented a "passion of Christ" the actor (again, a very old man....) was "nailed" to the cross for hours because the actors playing Mary, that was also the woman owner of the theatre, was blocked to enter on stage by tax controllers, until she escaped not before entering the stage running and screaming at "jesus": "you can die now!"... not that i have seen them, i wasn't born when they were active and i wasn't even from rome but sicily, but i want to write a book on them one day, because probably they were the best theatre italy ever had.

sufi

lala
My Blog Died

ignominiously, a week or two back,
due to my finally abandoning the poor dusty old homemade server at railtonroad.com
probably noone noticed as it was only entertaining er very select few visitors ...

probly i'll sort another sooner or later... watch this space..

peace & love
as always
soof

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i'm really sorry to hear that Soof :(

i hadn't visited for approx a fortnight (my bad) so didn't know.

you ran a truly awesome space, kudos.

i got an email the other day from Owen who runs them measures taken and t'other one.

top man, top blogs, that chap.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
mine throbs with with an erect juicy penis looking to oppress Irish and Islamic marxist anti-Zionist league members!

zhao

there are no accidents
finally abandoning the poor dusty old homemade server at railtonroad.com

ah but the content was "bloody marvelous"!

why don't you use blogspot and rapidshare/sendspace like everyone else?

it won't look as unique but more efficient/less headache...