Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jay Dee/Jay Dilla

shit, is that how jaylib started then? never knew that either.

dilla is such an amazing dude, you can imagine how aggy other producers would get about something like that. Donuts is one of my favourite things ever.

Love this beat:

I read somewhere that Dilla did some ghost production/playing on 'Voodoo', sounds that way...His remix of 'Me and those dreaming eyes' is sick.

I think I heard that on Voodoo he was continually in the studio and would make ideas for beats, which would then be replayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Love this beat:
    aye that's a beaut, a real shuffler.

Default Haven't seen this in years!

Anyone heard his brother Illa J's "Yancey Boys" albums completely produced by Dilla? Besides that album and the unreleased "Pay Jay" LP from MCA that leaked earlier this year that's it for any "new" Dilla material. The man was not 2Pac (although several of his closest friends and associates have beats from him they've yet to record on or release yet).

One.

I love some stuff on 'Jay Loves Japan' too (another posthumous compilation, afaik).

Does anyone here like Black Milk (one of Dilla's proteges)? I just found his stuff last week, and I absolutely love it:

Quote Originally Posted by STN View Post
    I think I heard that on Voodoo he was continually in the studio and would make ideas for beats, which would then be replayed.
    Yeah - He was involved in the writing, rather than any of the recordings on the final version:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/1207318-post3.html

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous Dart View Post
    Anyone heard his brother Illa J's "Yancey Boys" albums completely produced by Dilla?
    Only heard once, but I thought it was really weak - sounded like a load of outtakes from his less interesting Ummah-ish stuff.

Does anyone here like Black Milk (one of Dilla's proteges)? I just found his stuff last week, and I absolutely love it:
    Haven't heard anything yet by this bloke that I don't love, but apart from the mixtape with Bishop Lamont it all seems to be isolated tracks. Anyone recommend one really cohesive album (old fashioned rockist that I am)?

id get by popular demand. the track sound the alarm is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post

Haven't heard anything yet by this bloke that I don't love, but apart from the mixtape with Bishop Lamont it all seems to be isolated tracks. Anyone recommend one really cohesive album (old fashioned rockist that I am)?
    outside of his solo stuff he produced almost all of Elzhi's recent album The Preface, which is outrageously sick

this song from his new album is so so good.

EDIT: I'm talking about black milk not Dilla, sorry if i didn't make that clear.
    Last edited by sodiumnightlife; 28-11-2008 at 01:51 PM.

anywhere one can obtain that shit by dilla & tribe. . in a digital format? Only place I've seen it was on one of those funk master flex mixtapes which are ny on extinct.
    nobodydancenomore

college girls with coursework, ugly or worse

Quote Originally Posted by Algierstwin View Post
    anywhere one can obtain that shit by dilla & tribe. . in a digital format? Only place I've seen it was on one of those funk master flex mixtapes which are ny on extinct.
    most of the dilla and tribe stuff is on their last 2 albums the love movenment and beats rhymes and life ? which are almost certainly avaliable on itunes etc. that's the stuff as the ummah (brotherhood) which was dilla, qtip and ali shaeed muhammed.
    Last edited by mms; 01-12-2008 at 05:24 PM.

short yancey boys mix that getting some play . . .

http://media.audibletreats.com/King-...al_Megamix.mp3