catalog

Ive got bleak house on my list. Nothing else by dickens tho, and i wont be reading it anytime soon i dont think, unless a copy fall.s into my hands

Leo

bleak house would be a great dance music genre, mournful beats with Ian curtis-type vocal samples. sign me up.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I read Hard Times in school and the only thing I can remember is the name Gradgrind.
This is where Rowling gets her procedure for naming characters from, isn't it? Everyone in Slytherin is called something like Laetitia Spyte while all the Gryffindors are called Tommy Holsum or whatever.

catalog

Reading anything in school is enough to put you off for life. I read 1984 and the sight of a copy now makes me gip

catalog

There was this genre of house called outsider house, which sounded likeit might be up my street, but it turned out it wasnt

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There was this genre of house called outsider house, which sounded likeit might be up my street, but it turned out it wasnt
The thing is, describing anything as "outsider" automatically marks you down as an insider, so it's clearly impossible to deliberately set out to make "outsider" anything.