One for the popists

"xenomania"? That would possibly make them bipolar (characterized by profuse and rapidly changing ideas, exaggerated sexuality, gaiety, or irritability, and decreased sleep), with an added thing for foreigners.

Popism, the last bastion of hysterical orientalism?

owen

infinite thought said:
profuse and rapidly changing ideas, exaggerated sexuality, gaiety, or irritability, and decreased sleep

:eek:

obviously this is exactly why xenomania are good. i like shadowy production teams with vaguely imposing names. was always disappointing when eg pharrell williams started singing and sticking his face about. you wouldn't have seen joe meek doing any of that nonsense...

am quite surprised at some of this stuff- like lost classic by far right sympathising oik dannii minogue's 'all i wanna do' as well as the obvious GA stuff...i have never heard any of the mania things, presumably they're the equivalent of buggles

owen

she said some stuff in favour of the national party or people's party or whatever the equiv to the BNP in Aus are called- Pauline Hanson i think their leader is called. they do quite well in elections. australian dissensians will know more abt this than me.

'all i wanna do' is still the aceness tho

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I don't know what I found more surprising -- that Xenomania had their tentacles in so many good pop acts (Sugababes for example -- surprised at that, co-writing too), or that they had their own Wikipedia entry.

john eden

male pale and stale
owen said:
she said some stuff in favour of the national party or people's party or whatever the equiv to the BNP in Aus are called- Pauline Hanson i think their leader is called. they do quite well in elections. australian dissensians will know more abt this than me.

Iirc she made some stupid comment about it being strange having bilingual road signs, whch was then taken up by the BNP and I guess antipodean far right parties.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/12/01/1038712825817.html

anhhh

owen said:
:eek:

obviously this is exactly why xenomania are good. i like shadowy production teams with vaguely imposing names. was always disappointing when eg pharrell williams started singing and sticking his face about. you wouldn't have seen joe meek doing any of that nonsense...

am quite surprised at some of this stuff- like lost classic by far right sympathising oik dannii minogue's 'all i wanna do' as well as the obvious GA stuff...i have never heard any of the mania things, presumably they're the equivalent of buggles

mania "looking for a place" (by the way they are not going to release more music under this name):

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2L86ZJ1IPP1FX16MZBA9F6S10M

and also, did they win any money with the dolls?

LRJP!

(Between Blank & Boring)
2stepfan said:
I don't know what I found more surprising -- that Xenomania had their tentacles in so many good pop acts (Sugababes for example -- surprised at that, co-writing too), or that they had their own Wikipedia entry.

At least some of that discography predates Xenomania though; may as well include every Motiv-8 production.

I guess this is how you get sucked in to editing Wikepedia :)