Vegetarianism

luka

there arent any american days. having said that i did have a vision today of a millionaire stan setting up a generous dissensus endowment, possibly shifting dissensus into his beloved 'metaverse'

william_kent

im more and more disgusted with all the fake meat about, particularly in supermarket sandwiches and the beyond meat style burger pattys. partly because theyre horrible to eat and partly becasue they make me paranoid some psychopath has swapped them for real meat just to trick me into ruining my karmic bank balance

I'm a vegetarian, have been since the age of 16. I gave up meat because I don't like the taste and I don't like the texture. I don't want something imitating it. There's thousands of years worth of vegetarian cuisine that didn't feel the need to create fake flesh.

I hate the recent trend of people saying they "have a plant based diet". They should just realise that they're a fucking veggie and deal with it.

I fucking hate vegans. I tried to order a vegetarian pizza recently and all the place had was fucking "vegan" pizzas. I want some fucking cheese on my pizza. Every one of them are snotty righteous bastards - I've had years and years of being sneered at and looked down upon by holier than thou vegans, only to see them eating meat a few months later because their doctor told them they've got anaemia.

Even worse are "freegans"...

Leo

I'm a vegetarian, have been since the age of 16. I gave up meat because I don't like the taste and I don't like the texture. I don't want something imitating it. There's thousands of years worth of vegetarian cuisine that didn't feel the need to create fake flesh.

yeah, I'd imagine their target market is meat eaters, people who like meat but want an occasional break from a hamburger. my wife is like you, a vegetarian with little interest in something that's trying to be something she dislikes.

luka

there was an article in the economist recently about a fake meat factory that begun something along the lines of

a nozzle marked flesh extrudes pink goo
another nozzle marked blood extrudes red goo
while a third nozzle marked fat extrudes yellow goo

mixed_biscuits

I hate the recent trend of people saying they "have a plant based diet". They should just realise that they're a fucking veggie and deal with it.

I fucking hate vegans. I tried to order a vegetarian pizza recently and all the place had was fucking "vegan" pizzas. I want some fucking cheese on my pizza. Every one of them are snotty righteous bastards - I've had years and years of being sneered at and looked down upon by holier than thou vegans, only to see them eating meat a few months later because their doctor told them they've got anaemia.

Even worse are "freegans"...
How about the Breatharians like me?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I'd imagine its easier on your digestive system, but maybe there are adverse consequences that outweigh this. Atrophy of jaw muscles, etc.