N

nomadologist

keep updating your blog Gavin! i like

great points on transsexualism, so important to make. the bio-ethics of MTF and FTM surgery are very very complex and need talking about

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
keep updating your blog Gavin! i like

great points on transsexualism, so important to make. the bio-ethics of MTF and FTM surgery are very very complex and need talking about

Putting "shemale" in a post does wonders for your hits apparently.

adruu

This Is It
twitter makes zero sense to me. holzer should be on the side of buildings, in the subways, on park benches, not on text messages...fwiw

Guybrush

Dittohead
As some posters mentioned The New Yorker on another thread, I may as well link to its new blogs, many of which are some of the best out there. George Packer and Hendrik Hertzberg’s blogs are particularly noteworthy. The latter is spot on with this observation (says the guy who just wrote ‘duh’ [for shame!]):

Language Health Advisory No. 3
“Not so much”

This catchphrase has not yet fully crossed over into the hot zone, but the danger signs are mounting. Its Google Repetition Index of 9.1 million is misleadingly inflated by its orthodox uses, which are not so much common as ubiquitous. (A better metric might be its Google Blog Repetition Index, a relatively low but still ominous 1.12 million.)

Its precise origins have not yet been definitively pinned down, although one researcher has traced its popularity to its repeated employment by Jon Stewart and the writers of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” It is still fresh enough for Stewart to wring a few dozen more laughs out of it, but bloggers and feature writers should be wary, as it is beginning to smell a bit ripe, à la “Duh!” and “Not!!”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/index/blogs

Guybrush

Dittohead
One more:

Language Health Advisory No. 1
“The last time I checked”

This phrase (Google Repetition Index: 545,000) has been shown to cause Curled Lip Syndrome in bloggers, writers of letters to the editor, and other purveyors of amateur sarcasm.

Its use should be avoided, effective immediately.

:D

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
This looks like a really interesting and promising project, check the gallery for some amazing images and fascinating links. Kind of collective blogging around a loose theme of futurism.

http://spacecollective.org/

*I found a link to bldgblog through there so I thought of it.

continuum

smugpolice
This is a good web site/blog for upcoming dj technology:

www.djtechtools.com

Looks like this year a lot of the big name manufacturers are revealing mp3 controlers more in tune with cd deck technology sporting features like spinning platters etc. Another nail in vinyl's coffin.