Great 2 Step?

Benny Bunter

much obliged.

Just upped this Chris Mack tune too - one of my greatest 50p vinyl finds. I always thought this was one of the slinkiest, sexiest things I'd ever heard. Don't think its been on youtube before either. (the KMA remix is also a fantastic slice of very 92 hardcore sounding darkside breakbeat garage and well worth tracking down)

Another Level - Freak Me (Chris Mack's Freakin Dub)

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Great how the mere mention of Bowers has made those Another Level records so cheap & plentiful alright.
Top remixers on every one. Anthill Mob in full cartoon on the red label one

Jeremy Sylvester was on Rinse last week :)

craner

Beast of Burden
Alright, this isn't 2-step, but Lisa Ma-FFIA was the garage queen of 2001 and I just wanted to register how great this single was:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YJFeKA6C-MI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7TcD_IeMdG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, I am taking the piss now. I love this track though. I will post some 2-step to make up for this de-rail.

Edit: if anyone wants to start a Bhangra/Desi thread, I'd be up for that. Couldn't contribute much but would love to listen.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Ha, ha. No, but seriously, I love this remix, all day, every day.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9m6Q_ik4ofc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
And I will defend this pop song to the death, as it's a real totem to pirate radio and 90s rave MCs, and also (personally) marks the end of my youth, the last care-free summer I had. Joyful, this is. Big, daft, gorgeous, getting drunk in sunny London parks, etc.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpx7IWPda8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah, Lisa Maffia- the one who won the Mobo award for best Garage CD with an R&B album. Kind of shows how much they had their finger on the pulse. Then again I have fond memories of the year when Kanya King and two community workers got up on the stage and launched an angry 5 minute tirade against the whole audience & the music industry for supposedly glamourising gun crime, it should be in any top 20 list of British TV history. Made twenty years of accumulated Brit award drunk on stage scenes very tame in comparison.

craner

Beast of Burden
Wow, I'd like to see that!

I loved Lisa Maff-IA. I would have given her an award for anything, to be fair.

NATO

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ayt8UQz23FM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
who does that tune again

"you give me pleasure more than I have ever known"

In the style of 10° Below, TJ Cases etc. ?