is anyone here on myspace???????

PeteUM

It's all grist
No Space

I couldn't see the point of myspace since I have a website but then musician friends doing better than I recommended it, so i joined up. Wasted a lot of time on it, but got a few gigs and a lot of feedback through it, and then two days ago they deleted my account. No warning, no explanation, no response to emails. See me gently ranting about it here, if you wish.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Just done it.

I have 0 friends right now so feel free to 'add' me or whatever it is one does.

Not sure how I feel about this so far...

mms

sometimes
Basically if you like a band or group most bands are smart enuff to send you a bulletin reminding you of an event etc.
that means you only have to go to one site rather than check out loads of sites, you can also check out people's new tracks and previews and possibly get directly in touch with people making music you like if that's yr thing.
Thats what it's useful for nothing else really apart from being ok for wasting ltime.

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Sarcastic Skream page.

how much other id theft is going on in myspace? i think theres a lot of it with models, but i cant verify this as i am not one and dont know any.

dwaggin

stone by day
I had a myspace personal profile in 05. It was fun for a bit. "Yahey, everyone in breakcore is on it!" But I canceled it after about 3 months. Whether it's for a personal or band profile, the friending has to come under "biggest pointless waste of time". Crappy music player, Rupert Murdoch, I don't see what makes up for a pointless waste of time. Other than perhaps that Peter Gunn, Sqwally, Logan Sama, and The Black Dog are on it. :D

Guybrush

Dittohead
I signed up about a week ago and I have already befriended Van Dyke Parks, Maria Daniela, Keri Lynn, Jamie T AND Lindstrøm! The wonders of technology, eh? Yeah, the music player's a bit crap but it buffers up real quickly and that's what I treasure the most.

N

nomadologist

myspace is like crack, but cheaper. friendster is the far superior social networking site, but no one's on anymore so it's boring.

N

nomadologist

well I'm certain it is used for commercial research purposes by big companies and lifestyle statistics etc, etc.

That's really all it's for. They're using what people put in the "music" "movies" sections to get together one huge ass inclusive data set so they can come up with a better algorithm for the "suggestions" on Netflix and Amazon.com and sites like that, and for a million other purposes. This information is worth BIG MONEY REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG MONEY. Luckily it serves other purposes as well.

Audience Research and Analysis 550