Thread: PLEASE READ: Guidance for events listings

Default PLEASE READ: Guidance for events listings

My personal* view is that Dissensus should not be a free notice board for anybody who wants to show up here just to plug their events.

However a number of people who actually contribute to these boards do arrange events and I guess other people may organise things which people here may be interested in.

Here are four pieces of very simple guidance:

1) The Events Releases and Mixes forum is the correct place for publicising your event. If you post an announcement in Music it will be moved here by a Moderator. If you then place another advert in Music it will be deleted. (And I for one will start to get mildly irked with you.)

2) ALWAYS include the location of your event in the title of the thread. (The town will usually suffice, I think.)

3) Gratuitous bumping of threads which have no replies from other posters is bad practice. It's at the bottom of the page for a reason, folks.

4) I would feel a lot happier about event spam if it included an offer of cheaper entry for people who post here.

[actually I'm no longer a moderator on Dissensus - so I won't be doing this myself, it will be the current mods]
    Last edited by john eden; 22-06-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Default 100% in agreement

no quibbles.

Good sensible stuff. If spammers (i.e. non-regular posters exploiting Dissensus' eyeballs, and therefore Matt's bandwidth and hosting charges) fail to follow these guidelines then they shall invite our collective ire.

Bad things will happen to anyone who fucks with Dissensus.
    paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

sounds good to me.

Default what's the pruning regime in this bit of forum ??

(i notice a thread i wrote have vanished ?? & there seem not to be any threads more than a month or so old???)
    that's a bit harsh i reckon... especially links to mixes are sometimes good for long after they are posted & it won't encourage folk to write about events they attended if they get deleted coupla weeks later...

or is it just me? etc
    love soofka
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by sufi
    (i notice a thread i wrote have vanished ?? & there seem not to be any threads more than a month or so old???)
    that's a bit harsh i reckon... especially links to mixes are sometimes good for long after they are posted & it won't encourage folk to write about events they attended if they get deleted coupla weeks later...

or is it just me? etc
    love soofka
    xxx
    fixed
    Last edited by Woebot; 28-04-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WOEBOT
    fixed
    merci buckets old bean xxx

As of today I have started deleting threads advertising events which wind me up.

Mainly of the Cream/Ministry of Sound ilk, by posters who contribute nothing to Dissensus.

I would be happy to review this policy if regular posters ask me to.

Ooops - looks I already strarted doing that, but then forgot I told people.

Just read this sticky thread, think perhaps I have come on a bit early in my posts with a thread about my own music. Will regulate that in future