PLEASE READ: Guidance for events listings

john eden

male pale and stale
My personal* view is that Dissensus should not be a free notice board for anybody who wants to show up here just to plug their events.

However a number of people who actually contribute to these boards do arrange events and I guess other people may organise things which people here may be interested in.

Here are four pieces of very simple guidance:

1) The Events Releases and Mixes forum is the correct place for publicising your event. If you post an announcement in Music it will be moved here by a Moderator. If you then place another advert in Music it will be deleted. (And I for one will start to get mildly irked with you.)

2) ALWAYS include the location of your event in the title of the thread. (The town will usually suffice, I think.)

3) Gratuitous bumping of threads which have no replies from other posters is bad practice. It's at the bottom of the page for a reason, folks.

4) I would feel a lot happier about event spam if it included an offer of cheaper entry for people who post here.

[actually I'm no longer a moderator on Dissensus - so I won't be doing this myself, it will be the current mods]

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Good sensible stuff. If spammers (i.e. non-regular posters exploiting Dissensus' eyeballs, and therefore Matt's bandwidth and hosting charges) fail to follow these guidelines then they shall invite our collective ire.

Bad things will happen to anyone who fucks with Dissensus.

sufi

lala
what's the pruning regime in this bit of forum ??

(i notice a thread i wrote have vanished ?? & there seem not to be any threads more than a month or so old???)
that's a bit harsh i reckon... especially links to mixes are sometimes good for long after they are posted & it won't encourage folk to write about events they attended if they get deleted coupla weeks later...

or is it just me? :) ;) :p :D etc
love soofka
xxx

Woebot

sufi said:
(i notice a thread i wrote have vanished ?? & there seem not to be any threads more than a month or so old???)
that's a bit harsh i reckon... especially links to mixes are sometimes good for long after they are posted & it won't encourage folk to write about events they attended if they get deleted coupla weeks later...

or is it just me? :) ;) :p :D etc
love soofka
xxx

fixed

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
As of today I have started deleting threads advertising events which wind me up.

Mainly of the Cream/Ministry of Sound ilk, by posters who contribute nothing to Dissensus.

I would be happy to review this policy if regular posters ask me to.

Just read this sticky thread, think perhaps I have come on a bit early in my posts with a thread about my own music. Will regulate that in future :eek:

IdleRich

IdleRich
This last week has been insane.... Liza dj-d at this place in Caparica on Thursday and I went down there to support her.... Friday we had a four hour bus journey to Porto - and our posh hotel that we stayed in last time was cancelled last minute and we had to sleep on someone's floor - we DJ-d until 0330 on Saturday morning and then, like the utterly stupid cunts we are, instead of going to bed we went and carried on the party at another place, got in at like 8 I guess, slept on the floor of this poor girl we never even met before but who was kind enough to give us the key cos she was a friend of a friend. Saturday we played at Desterro until 0500 and then, like utterly stupid cunts, we carried on the party at a massive techno club that turned out to be next door carved into the side of the hill. After we had done that we got a few hours kip and then a four hour bus ride back to Lisbon.... I went straight to bed but Liza went to meet up with Sonic Boom and his mates to hang out. Slept through Monday and Tues and then Weds I dj at Le Baron until 400am and today, Thurs, we at Desterro. Might as well become nocturnal.

20220428_223040.jpg