george galloway on celebrity big brother

mms

sometimes
DigitalDjigit said:
mms, that sounds like "David" from the office.

haha yes well never thought of it like that, but it kinda works - esp in the light of him doing a task that had him and another guy doing robotics last night to try and emote something like 'slightly pertubed as a small puppy refuses to come to you' really very funny indeed, in one of those 'watch someone humiliate themselves' way.
:)

Last edited:

PeteUM

It's all grist
Sorry about this but:

He's so out.

Throw me a bone someone. Some ludicrous scenes in this current house!

D

droid

PeteUM said:
Sorry about this but:

He's so out.

Throw me a bone someone. Some ludicrous scenes in this current house!

Your right. Last night was utterly shocking. The man is a pompous, arrogant, hypocritical and self-obsessed bully. The combination of spiteful and vindictive (not to mention needless) abuse from himself, Rodman and Pete (worm-tounge) Best was truely a sight to behold... and the fact that Barrymore eventually emerged as the voice of sanity, and possible winner IMO, tells you all you need to know.

He really has fucked up beyond belief with this whole adventure. Its a real shame that hes so associated with the anti-war movement...

Wonder what the interview will be like tonight.

martin

----
droid said:
Your right. Last night was utterly shocking. The man is a pompous, arrogant, hypocritical and self-obsessed bully. The combination of spiteful and vindictive (not to mention needless) abuse from himself, Rodman and Pete (worm-tounge) Best was truely a sight to behold... and the fact that Barrymore eventually emerged as the voice of sanity, and possible winner IMO, tells you all you need to know.

He really has fucked up beyond belief with this whole adventure. Its a real shame that hes so associated with the anti-war movement...

Barrymore the voice of sanity? I think he's more fucked up than ever, especially trying on his 'wacky Frenchman' routine - real hands-over-eyes stuff. Actually, incredibly, my respect for Galloway massively increased last night, even if it wasn't for anything more substantial than calling that saddo from the aptly-named Ordinary Boys a "liar and a sneak" (which is a superb insult when delivered in a Scottish accent), and puffing away on his cigar while pretending to read 'The Communist Manifesto'. I hope Traci wins, she's nice.

mms

sometimes
martin said:
Ordinary Boys a "liar and a sneak" (which is a superb insult when delivered in a Scottish accent), and puffing away on his cigar while pretending to read 'The Communist Manifesto'. I hope Traci wins, she's nice.

that guy from the ordinary boys is so obviously an ex drama school type of guy, no one on earth follows sacred cow labels and style that closely unless they are much older than him imo

sufi

lala
they got some lovely video out on the news this morning of gorgeous and the odious uday hussain back in 1999, george is with his exact same cat got cream face, it makes you cringe
he also beat the torygraph's appeal against his libel case this morning so the uday video is probably released now as a piquant smear to remind us that any fecker can beat the torygraph in court, with or without the slightest bit of integrity.
I met the galloway once and was deeply impressed by his utter sliminess and narcissism </namedrop>

D

droid

martin said:
Barrymore the voice of sanity? I think he's more fucked up than ever, especially trying on his 'wacky Frenchman' routine - real hands-over-eyes stuff. Actually, incredibly, my respect for Galloway massively increased last night, even if it wasn't for anything more substantial than calling that saddo from the aptly-named Ordinary Boys a "liar and a sneak" (which is a superb insult when delivered in a Scottish accent), and puffing away on his cigar while pretending to read 'The Communist Manifesto'. I hope Traci wins, she's nice.

Galloway was completely out of order, and manufactured the entire ridiculous incident by encouraging Pete Best's bizarre attacks - seemingly in order to give himself an opportunity to vent his own spleen at Preston. Barrymore made a calm and reasonable (if slightly loopy) plea to stop the arguing... The French business came afterwards - and goes to highlight my point - how low standards have dropped when Barrymore seems to be the one talking sense.

"Pour, Pour, Pour me.... a drink" - a disgraceful thing to shout at an alcoholic purely to win a petty argument. Any admiration I once had for GG's theatrics and orational skills has long since gone down the drain. - and Im sympathetic to the man!

that guy from the ordinary boys is so obviously an ex drama school type of guy, no one on earth follows sacred cow labels and style that closely unless they are much older than him imo

That could wel be true. But the wasnt the one starting the drama last night! More to the point, Galloway has virtually assured that Preston or Barrymore will win after that tirade...

martin

----
Ha ha, afraid I'm way too biased against Barrymore to agree, his hoarding of fags and the way he tried to push around Jodie Marsh were truly pitiful. Plus I'm still scarred by exposure to 'Strike It Lucky' (awful early 90s UK gameshow where he ran around fake-smiling at contestants, contempt dripping from his eyes) and let's face it, anyone playing the swimming pool / coke / sex romps game (all a bit Jackie Collins '77, no?) can't exactly turn around and pull this bullshit, "I hate the word 'celeb', who are we anyway" vote-scooper schtick. Barrymore's too thick to be really manipulative, I don't actually wish him any harm, but if he wins this I'll be amazed, not to mention slightly worried.

D

droid

martin said:
Ha ha, afraid I'm way too biased against Barrymore to agree, his hoarding of fags and the way he tried to push around Jodie Marsh were truly pitiful. Plus I'm still scarred by exposure to 'Strike It Lucky' (awful early 90s UK gameshow where he ran around fake-smiling at contestants, contempt dripping from his eyes) and let's face it, anyone playing the swimming pool / coke / sex romps game (all a bit Jackie Collins '77, no?) can't exactly turn around and pull this bullshit, "I hate the word 'celeb', who are we anyway" vote-scooper schtick. Barrymore's too thick to be really manipulative, I don't actually wish him any harm, but if he wins this I'll be amazed, not to mention slightly worried.

I thought he was out of the running myself, but its amazing what a little bullying can do for peoples sympathies...

I havent been watching it enough to get annoyed at 'the little things', so maybe thats why last night had so much impact - the one constant I have noticed is Best's unending and vicious bitching, and Georges ongoing manipulations...

'Strike it lucky' wrecked my head as well btw... so bizarrely manic and unengaging at the same time...

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
wriggle like a fucking eel

No Martin, yr totally right....

What has Galloway supposedly done wrong?

1. 'Cheated'. There is a difference between cheating and breaking the rules; cheating implies he was seeking an advantage which clearly he wasn't (in fact, far from gaining him anything, his discussing of nominations and his iniqutious treatment as a result of such discussions has led to his certain eviction this evening. )

2. 'Bullied' people. What does this amount except that denounced people more forcefully and articulately than they were able to denounce him? Why was Barrymore not 'bullying' Galloway? Only because he is too stupid and slow-witted to argue effectively. That hardly makes him a victim. (The sheer Alan Partridge patheticness of Barrymore's riposte to Galloway's claim that 'he was the most selfish man he'd ever met'... 'in your opinion' he dribbled.)

3. Been arrogant. So what?

4. Put the VILE, stupid, smarmy, ingratiating, boring Preston (he has sneaky eyes, Pete Burns is so correct) in his place. Good. ('The aplomb with which you became a lying plutocrat' has to be my favourite TV sentence for some time).

5. Told a few home truths to the aggravating Barrymore, who HAS behaved in a hoarding and obsessive manner and who IS a narcissist, to such a degree that IMMEDIATELY after GG denounced him for this character trait, he made a 'poor me' speech which couldn't have proved Galloway's case more consummately. Galloway - who has been the victim of baseless smear campaigns from the whole of the British and the American establishment, sadly and shamefully repeated by people on this very thread (yeh he met Uday, big deal, old old news, didn't sell him any arms though did he?) - has to be admired for sitting there and saying NOTHING while the whining Barrymore bleated on (poor him poor him) about how badly he's been treated by the media. There's no doubt about it, he has been hounded by the press who yes have engaged in an unpleasant homophobic witch-hunt-- but it would be hard to argue that cocaine-snorting philanderer and adulterer Barrymore was more sinned agains than sinning. After all, most of the allegations against Barrymore, unlike those against GG, have been substantiated.

Amongst last night's absolutely gripping installment, I can't believe that no-one has picked up on Barrymore's outraged howl: 'If people want to attack me now, well, they can go and jump in a

.... lake.'

The sheer horror of what he was about to say seemed to dawn on him seconds before the end of that train wreck of a sentence.

But at least Barrymore isn't Maggot - self-righteous, sneaky, even more tedious than the music he makes, 'anything for an easy life' quietist.... he's like a cross between a slower witted, uglier Paul Morley and Mr Bean, though much less interesting.

lethalfizzle

wow, such heartfelt defense of galloway. however you justify his actions, the man is still a complete and utter cunt. of course hes in good company, but that doesnt make him any less of one. actually, its not that hes even a nob, which he is, hes just a sad little man. did you see him vowing to get back at people in the house who had offended him when he gets out? its pathetic.

PeteUM

It's all grist
Well, I think Galloway's arrogance is pretty ugly, Barrymore is a shambling husk of a man and Burns is one of the darkest characters I've seen..er..on TV. I admit Preston was a bit of a monkey in that suit, and I know Chantelle's vacuousness is annoying, and that the programme makers edit out stuff, but what were they supposed to have done to warrant that attack? Galloway seems to have got the hump after getting done for breaking the rules, and as far as he's concerned it's everybody's fault but his. I figure Preston will walk it, and so I'm with the Mums on this one. I would try and be more succinct/make more sense, but time marches on y'see...

sufi

lala
it's really galloway day today innit,

they're saying 'career meltdown' but wtf knows at this stage in political terms, i appreciate mark's defense, which can't really amount to more than 'he's a scumbag but he's our scumbag' - gg has been increasingly a maverick figure & now he's heading into way new & wierd territory...

sufi

lala
(just got to mention by the way that i absolutely have not watched more than a couple of minutes of bb, ever, i'm pathologically averse to doing so, but unable to avoid endless updates across all strata of media)

Lichen

k-punk said:
Amongst last night's absolutely gripping installment, I can't believe that no-one has picked up on Barrymore's outraged howl: 'If people want to attack me now, well, they can go and jump in a

.... lake.'

The sheer horror of what he was about to say seemed to dawn on him seconds before the end of that train wreck of a sentence.

That's very funny, but do you really think he was about to say the j word?

craner

Beast of Burden
"indefensible"

"defending"

"the"

Does Galloway have self-esteem? (Why would anyone go on BB: it reveals character surgically...)

G's "I want to be loved by Arabs" career and endless search for the authoritarian father-figure comes out loud and clear (even in the C4 hellhouse)

and sadder than I suspected (in both senses...).