The Big Hello Thread

Connell

i'm connell, 24 from belfast. a friend directed me to this site. he is too afraid to register as he finds some of the topics in the 'thoughts' section a bit heavy going. i had to join to express my delight at the 'african'music thread in the music forum and then i thought i'd pop in here and say hey.

Colz

Wild Horses
Hello, Im Colz from Dublin.
Long time viewer, first time caller.
Love this forum, but I was late in getting the internet in my life so Im new.
Thats all
Ta

subframe

lopsided
ha, thanks for the reminder, that was all I had on hand last night at home :slanted:

switchin it up now, hold tight.

outraygeous

yo,

been here for ages but dont post that much as i tend to get shot down alot by logan sama and others.

anyway, did pirate radio for years as dj outraygeous, got a myspace under the name brokenhomes. made a few beats, nutmeged a few people and now work here

http://www.recordstore.co.uk

just trying to defeat the credit crunch

also got half a website and a blog at

www.brokenhomes.co.uk

jus wan

hello

hey there dissensus crew! just randomly stumbled on this place after seeing a mention on Ben UFO's Blogariddims mix. Some great thoughtful posts in here. thought I'd say hello and stick around for a while.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Well, I suppose I should try and do one of these. Oh hai, and so forth.
Story of how I got here - recently read a couple of books by Simon Reynolds, which I thought were great and which re-ignited me caring about popular music at a more than casual level. So I started checking his blissblog quite regularly, then took a look at some of the other blogs that were linked or referenced - K-punk, woebot and so forth, then started to see mentions of this place in various places and decided to take a look.
Very impressed so far by the level of intelligence, knowledge and wit on display, it's a little intimidating tbh. I must say, the vibe here feels different from other forums I've posted on in the past. My guess is that either a lot of people here know each other beyond the board, and/or this site existed at another url/in a different form in the past. Is this right?

john eden

male pale and stale
Welcome to all new posters.

Hi Andy - Dissensus has been at this url for as long as its been going.

But a few of us knew each other beforehand from blogs / comments boxes / other forums / real life, etc.

Plus there have been the odd Dissensus meet ups now and again.

Anyway, don't be intimdated :)

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Cool, that's sort of the impression I was getting.
Feeling intimidated is in my nature (hence the screenname I guess), but I usually get over it pretty quickly.

zhao

there are no accidents
hey there dissensus crew! just randomly stumbled on this place after seeing a mention on Ben UFO's Blogariddims mix. Some great thoughtful posts in here. thought I'd say hello and stick around for a while.

i just illegally downloaded your EP :eek:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
good on ya Viral.
:)

i guess i should do this given i've started to post here again after some time away:

i'm 29, and i like grappa, chocolate and this board
:D

currently doing nothing in Manchester- i really should get on that..

Dr. Benway

Hi, I'm 16 and have been enjoying a continued infatuation with uk dance music and this seems to be the place with the most insightful discussion.

luka

hi, you supplied a large number of 2step classics for peoeple to steal on another forum. i stole them.

whygohome10

Wild Horses
hey there

came here from blackdowns blog and dubstepforum. been lurkin for a while and will probably continue as you all are way smarter than anyone i ever met at college.