The Big Hello Thread

andysays

not andy
I once made a post here a long, long time ago. However, I made the schoolboy error of trying to introduce myself in a non-introduction post :rolleyes:. Been lurking for quite some time though.

Currently studying at university while simultaneously trying to work up enough effort/inspiration to start DJing etc.

haiguys!

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Lurked a bit around 9 months ago, then my laptop and other stuff got stolen from my flat in a shady break in, and only got a new one a couple of months ago. Forgot about this place until the other night, and decided to make an account. Super interesting.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people say hello and then don't post anything. Good on Andy for diving straight in. The water's warm. I swear we're not perverts. Well, we're not all perverts.

elgato

I just dont know
hi everyone

im not gonna be around here very much from now on, but just wanted to thank everyone for what i've learnt on this board, loads of great stuff, plus loads of cool people

if anyone ever wants to contact me then im elgatopequeno at yahoo.co.uk :)

all the best

BRAIN

2084.png

resistance |riˈzistəns|
noun
1 the refusal to accept or comply with something; the attempt to prevent something by action or argument : she put up no resistance to being led away.
• armed or violent opposition : government forces were unable to crush guerrilla-style resistance.
• (also resistance movement) [in sing. ] a secret organization resisting authority, esp. in an occupied country.
• ( the Resistance) the underground movement formed in France during World War II to fight the German occupying forces and the Vichy government. Also called maquis .
• the impeding, slowing, or stopping effect exerted by one material thing on another : air resistance would need to be reduced by streamlining.
2 the ability not to be affected by something, esp. adversely : some of us have a lower resistance to cold than others.
• Medicine & Biology lack of sensitivity to a drug, insecticide, etc., esp. as a result of continued exposure or genetic change.
3 the degree to which a substance or device opposes the passage of an electric current, causing energy dissipation. Ohm's law resistance (measured in ohms) is equal to the voltage divided by the current.
• a resistor or other circuit component that opposes the passage of an electric current.
PHRASES
the line (or path) of least resistance an option avoiding difficulty or unpleasantness; the easiest course of action.
ORIGIN late Middle English : from French résistance, from late Latin resistentia, from the verb resistere ‘hold back’ (see resist ).

lanugo

von Verfall erzittern
Hi, I discovered these forums via the FACT feature on Woebot. The amount of appreciation for cool stuff on here astounds me. First time I feel like posting myself in a long time. Anyway, cheers everybody! :)

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I've been lurking about there for a while but I thought I'd join in, mainly because I'm bored at work

Q-point

Hello to all. I stumbled across here a while ago and you all seem like a well-read bunch. Hopefully here to stay!

PeteUM

It's all grist
Hello. Was great to meet some Dissensians the other night and apologies for reading more than writing round here.

marxbert

aphroditty
hello.
i posted some thread about claude levi-strauss being dead and all on another forum. someone told me it would be more appreciated around here. i met the guy at a james tenney concert, plus he does seem to post here quite a bit so i guess he knows something.

if you read my posts, it'll probably concern books or criticism/philosophy...maybe politics. and i'll lurk around threads about 1970s dub.