The Big Hello Thread

luka

quite a people on here have written books; k-punk, woebot, reynolds, the rambler, poetix, nomos etc but im pretty sure barty is the first person whos work here got him the book deal. so thats a major dissensus milestone.

luka

starting point. he did finish that by the way. its just no one would publish it cos he is white.

luka

editors were saying, great article, really well written and im sorry to have to ask you but are you white? hilarious story but its actually true. sounds like the daily mail made it up.

IdleRich

IdleRich
all these new members popping up made me realize that there's an audience here that i was never aware of. how much lurkers are out there? it almost makes me feel being part of a reality show.
Funny you should say that... the other day went on a picnic for a friend's birthday and this guy came up to me and said "Are you from dissensus?". I didn't want to mention that cos he could read it now and then we're going all double-meta and stuff... but yeah, strange that that can happen now. Nice and interesting guy let me make it clear.

craner

Beast of Burden
That sort of thing never happens to me. I always assume this is a dingy little hole on the internet only read by a small coterie of contributors. The idea of getting a book deal from writing posts here sounds like an insane fantasy.

luka

That sort of thing never happens to me. I always assume this is a dingy little hole on the internet only read by a small coterie of contributors. The idea of getting a book deal from writing posts here sounds like an insane fantasy.

me and you are defined by failure.

luka

but remember corpsey got picked up to write for the wire becasue they admired his posts here. it just never hapens to me and you.