The Big Hello Thread

linebaugh

“Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.”
The way marketing has turned Id believe that was Subways maxim

linebaugh

@version was grovelling all over a Pynchon forum looking for eyes on his blog
My big interests are music and ambiguous heady pursuits so the boxes were checked

version

I did hope it would hook a few of them in when I linked it tbh. There's definitely some overlap between the stuff discussed in the Discord server and on here.

linebaugh

I did hope it would hook a few of them in when I linked it tbh. There's definitely some overlap between the stuff discussed in the Discord server and on here.
rereading C49 right now and its crystal clear why he's got such a following in niche internet pockets. Hes essentially doing the SotS style/Deluzean discourse in literary form

version

He's not such a huge presence on here, but a bunch of people have read him and I insist on bringing him up more often than they'd probably like me to.

Last edited:

linebaugh

As an American I imagine everyone speaking English online is American and I cant fathom any forum not being overrun by other Americans. How did the homogeneity happen here?
like did it start out as primarily an electronic music forum or is this a grassroots thing by some real life friends?

linebaugh

I've got one about Pierce Inverarity in Lot 49 actually being James Joyce that still needs writing up.
"I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that's the only way of insuring one's immortality."
I see it