Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The Big Hello Thread

Hello hello. This forum is good stuff, seriously guys. I just starting going on here upon discovering the writings of K-punk in the aftermath of his passing, but I'm sensing that the level of enthusiasm on here has seen greater heights. That's kinda sad seeing as the about only interesting discussions I've read on any online forums lately have come from here.

Anyways, English is not my first language so fuck off with pointing out mistakes or anything.
    Last edited by entertainment; 22-03-2017 at 12:19 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to entertainment For This Useful Post:

hello!

welcome aboard

i'll keep posting if you do

o

aaight let's do it

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment View Post
    aaight let's do it
    it's great to get new blood in here, welcome. i still feel like a newbie myself and i've been here 12 years!

Thanks! Wauw 12 years, mate, that's a good bit you've done there. I'm probably much younger and certainly much less educated on both music, thought and life in general, so mostly I think I'll just try and soak up what I can and participate whenever I don't feel completely out of my depth.

your english is better than mine

what is your native tongue?

part of dissensus 101 is Woebot's 100: https://www.discogs.com/lists/WOEBOT...ds-Ever/146320

Hi, I'd heard of this forum before but had no idea it still existed. Glad it does, it seems to house a very entertaining and erudite level of debate.

welcome richwill

what is your quest?

Kill Jester.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richwill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by empty mirror View Post
    your english is better than mine

what is your native tongue?

part of dissensus 101 is Woebot's 100: https://www.discogs.com/lists/WOEBOT...ds-Ever/146320
    Danish, thanks haha. I've already gone through a nice little chunk of that list besides the stuff I knew already. Still don't quite understand the concept of comparing so many fundamentally different records. Avant-garde and pop, influential and forgotten, etc.

Without knowing anything about the guy, though, and despite the list being so highly personalized and different from most of its contemporaries, it still comes off as casually authoritative to me. Don't know how he did that. I suppose it serves as evidence to the notion that only those who understand something completely, can explain it perfectly in simple terms.